Underslung gas tank

coolasluck

Has anybody had any experiance of c.a.k tanks in the midlands fitting underslung gas tanks,what was your experiance and how cheap are they?
I need to get a tank fitted in april and also could do with having a waste tank fitted as well,which was the reason for thinking of having both jobs done at once at c.a.k.
I have heard good things about them and also have discovered recently that they will be fitting water and air kits for the likes of webasto and eberspacher. Opinions appreciated.
I also need to get a webasto diesel unit fitted as well.

hextal

I've bought an underslung waste tank from them, but not used them for my LPG tank. Sorry I know that's not much help.

As a general comment, depending on the size/weight of the tank check how they secure it. There have been a number of issues (not with any specific installer I should note) that the straps used have been to thin so a number have failed and resulted in the tank dropping off. For smaller tanks check that they are using the beefier straps. For bigger tanks they should really be mounted to a support frame.

ellisboy

I also bought my waste tank from them nd fitted it myself.Bought my gas tank from FES Autogas and fitted it myself.Bought quite a few bits from CAK as well and their service has been very good.

jamesmarshall

I also bought my waste tank from them nd fitted it myself.Bought my gas tank from FES Autogas and fitted it myself.Bought quite a few bits from CAK as well and their service has been very good.

Hi ellisboy. My next project is a an underslung waste tank. I'd be grateful for info on strap types used and how they were fixed. I have an 06 Transit and I'm going to put the spare wheel on the rear door and use the space underneath for the tank

phillybarbour

Recently ordered a waste tank from CAK for collection, on arriving everything ready as promised and advice freely given on best fitting options, excellent service.

Tinker

Gas tanks

Hello from a new member on his first visit. We are just finishing a self build. We bought an under slung gas tank from Autogas 2000. Easy to find on google search. Very helpful staff. The tank was easy to fit if you are reasonable good with your hands. The gas tank was cheaper than C.A.K. Autogas 2000 also do a fitting service.

hextal

+1 for Autogas 2000, very helpful bunch. Even ran us into town and picked us back up when they'd finished.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)