Truma ET112 Ruuvi

wildebus

Forum Member
Are you able to control the on and off times at all externally via Node-Red and a relay, using the Ruuvi data as the switch? wondering if you could do this, you could have the ruuvi Sensor positioned anywhere you like and relocate as you move from seats to bed, etc?

(just thinking back to when I bypassed my Fridge/Freezer control and turning that on and off via a different sensor in a different position has worked very well. But controlling fridge power is a lot simpler than a electronically-controlled heater, so that task will be more complex I am sure)

xsilvergs

Forum Member
Are you able to control the on and off times at all externally via Node-Red and a relay, using the Ruuvi data as the switch? wondering if you could do this, you could have the ruuvi Sensor positioned anywhere you like and relocate as you move from seats to bed, etc?

(just thinking back to when I bypassed my Fridge/Freezer control and turning that on and off via a different sensor in a different position has worked very well. But controlling fridge power is a lot simpler than a electronically-controlled heater, so that task will be more complex I am sure)
I'd not given any thought to controlling the Truma but my first thought would be to replace the thermistor with a digital one. How successful this would be I don't know but it could be an alternative.

The Ruuvi data should be available on the dbus which Node-Red can read. Turning the Truma water heater on as a solar dump would be good, it's just getting easy control of the Truma.

How does the Truma iNet work, has anybody hacked that?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)