Triumph Bonniville T100

Squiffy

Forum Member
As some may remember I have a Triumph Bonniville T100 Hinckly verity. My son who's T5 I have just worked on has a friend who has contacts in China and has imported LED headlights specifically for Triumph Bonnivilles of the classic sense. John was given two headlamp units to try out on our Triumphs ( John has one too but of the injected later models). John's we had to mount the whole new headlight back bowl and all as his headlamp unit was smaller than the replacement, mine being the classic Bonniville the front headlight unit fitted directly to my original bowl. I have to say that the LED light is fantastic as there is an array of lights within the unit that when you turn the handle bars say to the left a sensor within the headlight senses this and lights up a separate array which lights everything to the left and conversely if you then turn the bars right the lefthand array goes out and the righthand array lights up and shows the way to the right.
But dead ahead bars, lights the whole led array forwards and bright it's not going to be missed even by the most unobservant motorist during daylight hours. I measured the current used and its 3/4 of the original halogen bulb but far brighter.
Wether it was designed in the west and built in China or wether it is purely a Chinese design a d built in China I don't know. What I do know is they are a fantastic bit of kit but at £200 + each I'm glad they were given to us. Result 😁 Phil.

Squiffy

Forum Member
There are several versions of the Bonnie Trev a T120 is one of them, there is also the Bonnie T214 which was only produced between 2014 and 2015 I believe but the most common one is the T100 and its variants. Phil

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
I have a T100ss but they are 500cc,
I had the Triumph T100a
1675208636554.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)