This Swiss van pulled up next to us.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
Very tidy, old couple, van is 43 years old and they have had it for 31 years iveco chassis.

iveco%20selfbuild%2020220706_142656.jpg

Nabsim

Forum Member
My coachbuilt has a big overhang but you get used to it easy enough. Must suit them if they kept it that long. Wonder what hoops they had to go through as isn’t it a lot stricter to customise vehicles in Switzerland?

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I don't think that van is customised Nabsim, it looks like a commercial coach built to me. Phil
I think you need to go to specsaver Phil its just a caravan on a cut up panel van.

I have a couple more pictures but not enough data where we are tonight.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Must have been a very specific caravan then Kev to have it's wheel base in the exact area that the panel van rear wheel base happened to be in conjunction with the cab area. I still feel that it was a commercially built " Motor caravan"

I Still think it's a commercially built vehicle and sold as is. Phil.

Don't forget that 43 years ago motor homes were literally Caravans on cab chassis.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
It us good Phil but zoom in and you'll see the valance has been home made so the arches line up, I spoke to them for quite a while, they were very proud of all the work done on it, but its very home built you can see the edging trim where it joins the cab.

Nabsim

Forum Member
Must admit I did assume it was custom build and I know assumptions can be risky 😁😁

I think I could live with that okay if the internal layout suited, have certainly seen worse.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
The interior is very nice too, they have the lounge at the back, and you can access the cab from inside, the use a concertina type door horizontally to block off the cab at night.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Yes I see what you mean Kev, I actually did zoom in on it late last night and was going to say this morning that it was a home built, but got busy readying the van for leaving dinner time for Margam Park Rally and forgot about posting. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)