Thinking of self building.

fofeg101

I've been without my motorhome for some months and am getting withdrawal symptoms. I don't want to go back to the big lumbering coach built again so I'm considering building something which fits my requirements. The first obstacle I have to over come is...it must be low enough to drive into a multistory car park..it will have to be a Tardis, I'm thinking Scudo, any suggestions would be appreciated?

blind pew

How about a low roof transit? Cheap to buy, cheap to run and easy to get parts for. I've got one and it's been a cracking little van.

Lee

Surely you would be better with a VW transporter or Toyota Hiace, I use a Hiace for work and it fits into multistory carparks.
Mechanically it's bullet proof I've had mine 6 years and all I have had done is servicing nothing has gone wrong or fallen off.

gaz2676

.it must be low enough to drive into a multistory car park..it will have to be a Tardis, I'm thinking Scudo, any suggestions would be appreciated?

dont get the scudo no as reliable as the citroen dispatch if thats the size van your after..... but transporter hiace transit etc are just that bit bigger id go for what the others reckomend either but dont touch the fiat

Irritable Owl

For a smaller van I would be tempted to start with a vito. But then again I favour the mercedes as a base vehicle.
Good luck with the build..

shortcircuit

Do you have to use a multi storey car park? Find another parking place and you will increase your options. No point in getting a van that you are going to crouch in just for the sake of a car park

vwalan

all campers are great in different places .i used vw,s for years . then built thre mini artic ..travelled loads of countries in all of them .i also have a mazxda bongo . thats ideal for sneaking round the very small lanes of the west country .but dont think i want to go off for months in it . see good in big and small. my mate has a delicia .i think its abit narrow , prefer the bongo. yet the delicia on 4x4 is a fair bit higher good for off roading . mind many arent 4x4 . still think vw type 2 is the ultimate .but cant afford them now . my lad as ran his t25 since 98 dont think he will ever get rid of it .
hope you find what you want .think we could confuse you . ha ha .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)