The longest paint job.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Front all removed painted and rebuilt, panel under the windscreen first fixed panel to be painted outside. Just waiting on some consistent reasonable temperatures to do the rest.
20220311_132234.jpg

Bouydog

Forum Member
That is looking truly excellent.

Something that could be worth considering possibly .... Have a look at 3M Ventureshield (https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/p/d/b40066702/).
It is a clear film that goes typically on the front of a vehicle and protect the paintwork from the usual stone-chip damage.
With such a bluff front, be a shame to get it chipped up after making it look so good.
Thanks David, I will have a look but I am hoping this paint will be quite robust as due to size tree rubbing along the sides is unavoidable at times. Others having used this make of paint report that markings that appear to be scratches caused by bushes etc will wash off 🤞. A run over with the roller for serious scratches and scrapes should be no hardship, especially as I start the vast sides I will be introducing Deb to the art of rollering 😁. Three coats with a four inch roller seems never ending……..

Bouydog

Forum Member
Hi, paintjob looks great, can i ask what size the side windows are ?. Converting a 7½ ton Atego at the moment and can't decide what size to use, yours look the perfect fit.
Cheer's.
Thanks for the compliment, the one at the back shown in the photo is width 350mm height 550mm the two nearer the front are width 700mm height 350mm. They are called Polyvision Aero Black and come with internal frame fly screen and blind. I bought them from Magnum motorhomes and have been very happy with them. Good luck with your conversion 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)