Strange Water Pooling Mercedes 311 Cdi

RAW

Forum Member
The Mercedes Year 2000 311CDi that I have has a strange water pooling issue on the front doors BOTH sides

It seems to be happening when the Van is parked at an angle, picture below gives an idea of the angle

I have put additional seal on the doors but this has made no difference.
Fortunately the steps are made up of some plastic compound so it does not do any harm apart from causing some Minor Damp.
Anyone got any ideas ?
View attachment 3859
View attachment 3860

Tookey

Forum Member
The Mercedes Year 2000 311CDi that I have has a strange water pooling issue on the front doors BOTH sides

It seems to be happening when the Van is parked at an angle, picture below gives an idea of the angle

I have put additional seal on the doors but this has made no difference.
Fortunately the steps are made up of some plastic compound so it does not do any harm apart from causing some Minor Damp.
Anyone got any ideas ?
View attachment 3859
View attachment 3860
Don't automatically assume doors, Mitsubishi L300's can occasionally pool water in the drivers footwell and it's a recognised fault, cant remember the point of ingress but isnt the door. Merc forum might be of more use tbh

RAW

Forum Member
Don't automatically assume doors, Mitsubishi L300's can occasionally pool water in the drivers footwell and it's a recognised fault, cant remember the point of ingress but isnt the door. Merc forum might be of more use tbh
Not really using any Merc Forums and I could subscribe I suppose....what do you recommend ?

Deleted member 4404

Uploaded them OK and not sure why, maybe one for @Geeky Philip ??
Did you use the 'picture' icon to upload them?
Edit. Just checked and there are no uploads from you, could you try again please

Last edited by a moderator:

RAW

Forum Member
Yes I did strange
IMG_20210517_073210.jpg

Shows angle

IMG_20210517_073155.jpg

Shows water

Tookey

Forum Member
Not really using any Merc Forums and I could subscribe I suppose....what do you recommend ?
Sorry, I cant recommend as I don't have a Merc. With regards to your problem I suspect any FB Merc van group will give the very quick feedback if it is a known fault and can probably suggest the solution. Mark61 who is active on the WC forum has a merc and might be able to point you in the right direction with regards to a good group

Reactions: RAW

wildebus

Forum Member
The cab doors of sprinters are renowned for a fairly poor fit so I wouldn't be surprised if it were just that.
There is a fairly wide range of adjustment possible with the door hinge bolts which might let you fine tune a bit?

ref Sprinter Forums, sprinter-source in the US is a very busy forum and worth joining.

Squiffy

Forum Member
One possible cause is water getting past the wind up/down window external seal then running down the inside of the door and exiting through the panel trim clip holes. Phil

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
One possible cause is water getting past the wind up/down window external seal then running down the inside of the door and exiting through the panel trim clip holes. Phil
Are you saying he should clean his bottom and make sure the holes are clear?

RAW

Forum Member
Interesting as what seems to happen when I open the door is some water exits at the bottom of the door Trim, no idea how I would replace all the rubber window seals mind....

RAW

Forum Member
The cab doors of sprinters are renowned for a fairly poor fit so I wouldn't be surprised if it were just that.
There is a fairly wide range of adjustment possible with the door hinge bolts which might let you fine tune a bit?

ref Sprinter Forums, sprinter-source in the US is a very busy forum and worth joining.
Will look at that, thanks

Squiffy

Forum Member
Interesting as what seems to happen when I open the door is some water exits at the bottom of the door Trim, no idea how I would replace all the rubber window seals mind....
It's not so much the side seals it's the bottom seal where you stick your elbow on a hot summers day driving and they are comparatively easy to replace. So to are the side seals that the window slides in, when you have the knack. Phil

Nabsim

Forum Member
It's not so much the side seals it's the bottom seal where you stick your elbow on a hot summers day driving and they are comparatively easy to replace. So to are the side seals that the window slides in, when you have the knack. Phil
Car modding club I used to be in had workshop meets where someone who was good at something went round helping others do stuff. I have already earmarked a lot of you 😂😂😂😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)