Status tv ariels, which one?

ellisboy

Hello all! Need to get the roof fittings finished on my van,so that The ceiling can the boarded.Looking at Status ariels and wondering which one to get :confused: Do I go for a 3 series or the rising 5 series.What do you think.There always seems to be lots of second hand 3 series for sale.
:cheers: Stephen.

n brown

Forum Member
for what its worth,just put one of the uppy downy tilty ones in for someone and he's quite impressed with it.i put it in the middle at the rear over the bed and its not in the way

maingate

Forum Member
Don't entertain the round fixed ones, the 3 series, they are absolute rubbish. We now have a 540 and it works a treat.

Admittedly, a few years ago, you were better off with a wire coathanger but times have changed due to the digital switchover.

The flying saucer model came with the van and it works quite well nowadays. In fact I can pick up nearly all channels on my driveway when 3 years ago, my Status 530 would only pick up a few (good enough to watch without breaking up). This is purely down to the digital revolution.

If I was starting from scratch I would go for the directional one. Even though I think that they are priced far too high and are a ripoff.

Bigpeetee

I've got the 530

The flying saucer type is only good in high signal strength areas

ellisboy

Thanks for your replys everyone ! Looks like I'll be going for a 520, :cheers: Stephen.

ellisboy

It's one I've made up,because I pressed the wrong key Techno :lol-049: I've bookmarked your link :cheers: Stephen.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)