Sprinter conversion.

Mike Parkinson

Hi, As promised in the newbie section a link to photobucket (hopefully).I have been converting an mot failure back on the road and using our family caravan which was past its best bodywise.I started in early November and am nearly finished.Looking forward to enjoying nights away for hols and wild camping for MTB rides and sleeping out at cycling events around the country.

MikeParkinson1's Library | Photobucket

john1974

sounds like you are doing the same as me Mike.. just mine is french otherwise sounds exactly the same job.will look forward to pics when I can see them (Internet down here)

j

Mike Parkinson

Thanks very much.
I got the poptop from Poptoproofs.co.uk near Newcastle.It is a Vito LWB one as they don't make a Sprinter one.No one else in the country did but they were willing to assist me in placing a few on the roof to see what was the best fit.Every other firm didn't want to know.
The reinforcing is box section steel I fabricated and welded in myself rather than bolting it as the van was empty so no interior to protect.They supplied the steel and screws/bolts etc and recessed sills so I can put bed boards up there and sleep two adults.
We thought it might be nice on warm summers nights.
I can stand up with the roof down too in the van now whereas before the poptop I couldn't.

Mike Parkinson

Some more pics added of things from upholsterers,rear door cards,seats & curtains.As seats and also as a bed.They were todays jobs.

Last edited:

yorkslass

Thanks very much.
I got the poptop from Poptoproofs.co.uk near Newcastle.It is a Vito LWB one as they don't make a Sprinter one.No one else in the country did but they were willing to assist me in placing a few on the roof to see what was the best fit.Every other firm didn't want to know.
The reinforcing is box section steel I fabricated and welded in myself rather than bolting it as the van was empty so no interior to protect.They supplied the steel and screws/bolts etc and recessed sills so I can put bed boards up there and sleep two adults.
We thought it might be nice on warm summers nights.
I can stand up with the roof down too in the van now whereas before the poptop I couldn't.

Just don't sleep up there if it's windy, you might get seasick.;)

Your conversion is looking good. Love the floor.

Deleted member 2473

Lovely

pop top on mwb sprinter.
Good thinking
Looks good too nice pvc.:drive:

Mike Parkinson

Flooring is from B&Q.I am quite impressed actually.Self adhesive too.

Mike Parkinson

Documents come back today.She is now a
'motor caravan'.And Red too.Woohooo!!!:banana:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)