Selfbuild Update

dtomo68

Hi All

eventually got round to updating my website for our Sprinter self build, taxed insured and ready to roll !!! we have just signed up as full members too and were hoping to go wilding this weekend will keep you posted how it goes

http://sprintervanconversion.weebly.com/

Dave & Shell

Tigatigatiger

Hats off to you-what a lovely conversion!

Hope you have many happy times in it.

dtomo68

Just got our updated V5 logbook back we are now correctly registered as a motor caravan it only took 3 weeks for them to sort it and they have even sent all my pictures back a long with the report and evidence to prove we had converted it .

Dave & Shell

dogseal

Well done, you will get years out of it. Looks a nice conversion.
I sold my self build Renault Trafic a couple of months ago, We did over 70,000 miles in it over nearly 7 years.
Sad to see it go.

Enjoy your van!

Tim.

georgert1

Self build

Hello, I have looked at your pics and would like to say what a good job you have done.Just one point I see you said you have used plenty of soap to fit the windows ,I would have thought that soap would not be the best thing to use as it will attack rubber over time,especially washing up liquid, I remember being told some years ago never to wash my car using washing up liquid because it attacks rubber.You might have been better going to the local tyre fitters and scrounging some of their stuff which they use for tyre fitting. I am sure you will have many happy times in your camper and I wish you well. :shag:

Last edited:

chopper

i dont think you have any worry about the washing up liquid and the rubbers people have been using it for years to wash car and lets face it it cant be any worse than the road salt in the winter
the main concern about using washing up liquid in the window rubbers is it contains salt and the freshly cut steel you are trapping it between the rubber and the open metal so will rust
hence why they say always use a good touch up paint around were you have cut the window out so no bare metal

hotrodjay

Nice work there, I often park near the east lancs railway in my bus, its a lovely part of the world. Hope you have many happy miles :)

dtomo68

finally got round to a bit of an update on the van ,had some cracking weekends away wildcamping but its not been without its problems , big job broke out now that will keep us busy for next couple of months

Update - Sprinter Van Conversion

Dave

Firefox

I noticed that you said the portable toilet leaked from fresh water tank seals. I think this is a common problem. I have a Thetford 465 and that leaks from the fresh water around the electric flush seal. One of my friends has a porta potti which is leaking in a similar way. I found the way to get over it is to just fill up with 5 litres of flush water.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)