Seitz windows or bonded windows

colinmd

I personally think the Seitz are horrendous prices, as for condensation I've also seen that on Seitz .

Here's the deal, a top hinged window may get condensation, but if fitted correctly it will run out of small cutouts in bottom of rubbers, bonded windows will throw the condensation back into the van.
This is a problem I'm trying to solve at the moment, we have one 'double glazed' bonded window in back of van which causes more problems with condensation than the other 6 windows in back put together!

n brown

Forum Member
a simple method i've used to get rid of minibus windows is to bond metal sheet and ply together to the same thickness as the glass, then use the glass as a template to cut the shape, then pop it back into the rubber surround. insulate and panel over as normal

a simple method i've used to get rid of minibus windows is to bond metal sheet and ply together to the same thickness as the glass, then use the glass as a template to cut the shape, then pop it back into the rubber surround. insulate and panel over as normal

LDV pop rivet the windows in. I just pop riveted the steel. Sealant first obviously and sealant on the inside just in case. This is the look i am after when done.

View attachment 50972

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)