Salt batteries, are tehy now the very best?

trevskoda

Forum Member
Yes they are working on them for cars etc, cheap to buy and easy to recycle, there will be more stuff like this in the next few years, where there is a will there is a way.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Just like the rapid advancement of Hydrogen as the most sensible form of low cost energy, the World is I am sure going to see some truly eye opening advances in technology over the next few years.

Hopefully each new invention won't be blocked, as it has been in former years, by the likes of BP buying up the patents and then storing them away for them never to be seen again!

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Just like the rapid advancement of Hydrogen as the most sensible form of low cost energy, the World is I am sure going to see some truly eye opening advances in technology over the next few years.

Hopefully each new invention won't be blocked, as it has been in former years, by the likes of BP buying up the patents and then storing them away for them never to be seen again!
There is talk of reducing the time patents last for as a lot of technology has been kept from the markets.

Nabsim

Forum Member
You can be sure that any type of power will have money trying to control it as usual. Only chance of this not happen I g is if they find a way to produce energy that anyone could do and release it over the internet to enough sources before it’s taken down

wildebus

Forum Member
I've never been convinced about this idea of surpressing all these things like the invention that lets cars run on water with a drop of a magic liquid or the lightbulb that doesn't use any power and last for ever, or the tyres that never wear out, etc, etc. :)

And IF something was pretty unlimited, why do people think it will be free anyway? How much do you pay for the water out the tap?

trevskoda

Forum Member
Henry ford was going to build electric cars in the beginning until some chaps from the oil mafia had a word back in the day.
Also remember the german chap who invented the diesel engine, he fell overboard, now lets not mention the Russian chaps who speak up and fall out windows.

wildebus

Forum Member
Henry ford was going to build electric cars in the beginning until some chaps from the oil mafia had a word back in the day.
Also remember the german chap who invented the diesel engine, he fell overboard, now lets not mention the Russian chaps who speak up and fall out windows.
German chap who invented the deisel engine? That'd be Herr Diesel then :)
How many people remember the name of the German chap who invented the Petrol engine?

mistericeman

Forum Member
the Petrol head? nah, but has a very traditional type of German name (but usually is used as a first name I would say)
Dr Nikolaus Otto ....

Though there are several earlier versions of 'Internal combustion ' engines ...

BUT Ottos is probably the most recognisable version of a modern petrol engine (hence the 'Otto cycle')

The four-stroke Otto cycle is made up of the following four internally reversible processes: 1–2, isentropic compression; 2–3, constant-volume heat addition; 3–4, isentropic expansion; and 4–1, constant-volume heat rejection.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)