removal of wheelchair lift

JackieA

Forum Member
Has anyone experience of removing a Ricon lift. Snags I see are managing undoing 10 large nuts, weight and disconnecting the electrical supply.

wildebus

Forum Member
is this an internal lift that folds out when the doors are opened, or an underbody lift that comes out?

wildebus

Forum Member
aha. shouldn't be too bad to remove then.
I had an underslung one that was incredibly heavy (nearly 200Kg!) and used a grinder to cut the supports to drop it and then drove away so I could cut it up.

Electrics wise you will probably find a dedicated supply and fuse for it as the starter battery - disconnect that and you will be able to start to dismantle. On another post you said about the cable being really thick? I would guess it is just 16mm cable so nothing that special TBH. About the minimum to reconnect a battery to (you will need to add a fuse also but that is a different topic).

you could try advertising on gumtree or something - "free to take away it you remove"

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Me too. Lifted the lift out, then used the power supply to charge my leisure batteries which are under my bed at the rear. Lift came out easy enough, but I have access to a tractor with a front end loader which helped a lot....

wildebus

Forum Member
When I removed mine I used a pair of jacks to support the weight as I cut through the supports, then lowered them so I could drive away (disconnecting the power cable first of course ;) )
1615420350773.png

I did have one person coming to get it for her new van conversion but she cancelled as between agreeing to get it and the day of collection she got scammed on the new van and lost the van as well as her money on it :(
So lady really lost out, very sadly and I had to just chop it up to get rid.

RV2MAX

Forum Member
Hopefully that will get you someone to help or who is interested in the unit :) Unfortunately I'm about 160 miles away

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)