Old DIY & SBMCC members

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Welcome along,yes phil will get things sorted here as i have read some tried and could not get on site,do try and bring folk on if you can contact them.:)
Evening Trev
I have a few old diy members contacts which I have let know about this site!! I’ll remind them again now they should be able to log in:)
Ken

LibertyHall

Forum Member
It looks like they have given up, or not looking in either place, which is a huge shame if I'm right.

I think this will be a better and much better platform, I asked Phil to help one of the DIY members who can't get in (Liberty Hall) the other day, but he's not got back to me yet, probably too busy.
Morning Kev
I’m on:)
Ken

Deleted member 4404

Now Phil's working through the teething problems we should have a really good forum with a lot of experienced 'builders'.
I see the security cert is sorted and is now https:// (y)

NickB

I was just wondering how many of you have made it to this new home?

As some of you will know, as does Phil (the boss) that I simultaneously started a new DIY forum to give you guys a home not knowing Phile was doing likewise, Phils is a proper forum of course as he's got the tech and the ability to use it, and I'm happy with that, I will be closing mine down at some point, but at the moment it serves as a sign post to here for the existing members, with links to all three of Phils forums, as a lot of you will have lost contact with everyone, only 10 members made it over there due to the knee jerk (rightly or wrongly) reaction of DIY shutting it down, both Phil and I tried to buy it to keep it going, we were both refused.
Hi Just found you... thanks for your email.
Nick

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Afternoon all self builders
Not sure where all the diy and sbmcc are or have gone!! Personally I preferred diy to sbmcc! However having said that the help we got there while building Muttley was invaluable. Though once we were on diy we visited sbmcc less and less, to the extent we’ve now let membership lapse!!

We tried to visit after our membership had lapsed it wouldn’t allow me to visit as a guest as our e mail is registered to the site!! Which I feel is a little harsh as one could still help others.
So let’s hope the ex and old members find there way here!!

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
Not sure where all the diy and sbmcc are or have gone!! Personally I preferred diy to sbmcc! However having said that the help we got there while building Muttley was invaluable. Though once we were on diy we visited sbmcc less and less, to the extent we’ve now let membership lapse!!

We tried to visit after our membership had lapsed it wouldn’t allow me to visit as a guest as our e mail is registered to the site!! Which I feel is a little harsh as one could still help others.

The attitude at SBMCC will eventually be their downfall, as proved at DIY, Phil seems a decent chap, bright as heck too, but he can't half talk ;);)

Darcar

Forum Member
It’s a shame about Diy. I for one never saw it coming. !
I don’t know what we’ve got to do to get this forum as busy and helpful as diy.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
It's in the lap of the gods now, I had emails for a couple when he pulled the plug, they had a couple,I've emailed all I knew, but still some haven't made it on to here yet.

Would lots of mentions of the DIY URL on here come up in searches perhaps, I don't know how it works.

Deleted member 12174

This was raised on another forum. The reason you can't visit after membership has lapsed is because the forum software has your sign in registered as not renewed subs. You can simply register as a new quest and this will give you quest access. It was also said that it would be unfair to paying members to allow non payers to have full rights.

voyager

Forum Member
The attitude at SBMCC will eventually be their downfall, as proved at DIY, Phil seems a decent chap, bright as heck too, but he can't half talk ;);)
The downfall of SBMCC has been predicted for quite some time but in truth is going from strength to strength with increasing membership. The downfall of DIY was apparently down to one members childish and demanding attitude towards the forum owner. This forum can be a success if it can attract enough contributors, its a slow start but hopefully will get better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)