nissan cabstar camper dvla?

wildebus

Forum Member
Would a demountable ever be classed as a Motor Caravan? I wouldn't think it would TBH as when the pod is removed there is no way you could call the vehicle a motorhome anymore.
If you were challenged in that situation it would be very hard to make a convincing argument your pickup is really a motor Caravan - and has the appropriate MOT. If the intention is to actually have a demountable setup, I don't think reclassification as a Motor Caravan is the right direction to go.

hybridcovers

Forum Member
the camper pod has wheels to move it if needed....with a removable draw-bar .
20201112_091332[1].jpg

hybridcovers

Forum Member
hello, the legs are alot more stable than they look... no amount of wind will make it swing or sway, i can walk about in the back without any issues, ive had custom chassis made which incorporates lifting points, all good(y)

hybridcovers

Forum Member
Would a demountable ever be classed as a Motor Caravan? I wouldn't think it would TBH as when the pod is removed there is no way you could call the vehicle a motorhome anymore.
If you were challenged in that situation it would be very hard to make a convincing argument your pickup is really a motor Caravan - and has the appropriate MOT. If the intention is to actually have a demountable setup, I don't think reclassification as a Motor Caravan is the right direction to go.
hi, the dvla will need to decide what it must be classed as...when the pod is on the truck its defiantly not a pick and vise versa, i may leave the pod on and never remove it....who knows.......these trucks have a verity of body types available including motor-homes

wildebus

Forum Member
hi, the dvla will need to decide what it must be classed as...when the pod is on the truck its defiantly not a pick and vise versa, i may leave the pod on and never remove it....who knows.......these trucks have a verity of body types available including motor-homes
fair enough - but remember that what gets considered is the use of the vehicle at any particular time.....

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Your dilemma does make you wonder. I just thought about what if you have a mini artic? 8 tonne combined weight. Crew cab with a fifth wheel on it. Park your trailer up and then go shopping with the tractor unit. I have no idea what that would be classified as? Would the trailer need testing?

Nabsim

Forum Member
I would say its was a pick-up with a load on the back, does it matter if its a load of sane or a pod, its still not permanent so still a pick-up. Saying that its only my uneducated on this subject opinion.
I thought i saw a list on one of the Gov sites that lists what can be reclassified to motorhome if it meets all requirements, can remember where though

hybridcovers

Forum Member
hello all , ive had the truck registered as a "specially fitted van"
started fitting out the inside....there will be 2 large double windows with removable glass and a bellow between the cab and pod so we can crawl through to the back/front if needed

trevskoda

Forum Member
Dont see double glassed windows which will be cold, otherwise, I love the setup, can I order two, please. :)

Millie Master

Forum Member
I haven't read back through all the old posts but I seem to recall you thinking of you having an access hatch through from the cab, did you do this and has it worked out as you had hoped?

By the way I honestly do believe your truck is the dogs danglies of a conversion!

Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
Looks very good :)

But I have to admit the decals on the side make me think of a Police Incident Vehicle :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)