Naughty Victron

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I thought this evening to give Murky a treat and put the heating on for a couple of hours.
Whilst fiddling with the victron app I noticed the solar had been changing each morning.
It couldn’t have been putting much current in, as the sun doesn’t get around the house until the afternoon.
Looking at the battery charging history, they had remained in float.
What a shame the battery chargers don’t talk to the solar chargers.
For now I have turned off the solar charger. :(

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Not sure if I follow?
The point being, as there was not much current flowing to get out of Bulk for a few hours. The voltage was held at a high level for this time. Just wondering if this would be detrimental to the batteries. It would be nice if the MPPT was aware of the Battery charger.

st3v3

Forum Member
I get this, never been particularly comfortable with it...

IV.JPG

State.JPG

PeteS

Forum Member
My BMS seems to take over once it gets to just over 13.8v and limits the current consequently the voltage rises to 14.2 very quickly and the battery then takes gulps of current as it balances and finishes its charge cycle. Ive subsequently set my charger to 13.8v Absorption and the battery seems to do its stuff over the next 1hr 10mins ( thats the absorption time ive set). Once the charger drops to storage the solar tends to follow it soon after and drops to float quite quickly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)