my little van

kenspain

I tell you what thats better than a flat i rented once in London when i came over Very nice :wave:

herbenny

Where would we be without kids helping hey ??:lol-053: Hope you enjoy your travels in your van :fun:

forager

Nice job, well done. especially impressed with changing the dash and gear change!

Oasis

Nice one!! We must meet up somewhere and exchange reminiscences :wave:

tranivanman

Nice one!! We must meet up somewhere and exchange reminiscences :wave:

next time i'm coming up to derbyshire i'll give you a call, dont no when though.

we're of down to chichester next week to look after the grandkids, then going down to cornwall for a week or so.

been up to scotland earlier, had some great bird sightings.

regards to both

tranivanman

tranivanman

Yup, nice work there mate, bet a lot of work was involved with dash/gearshift makeover, was it a big job?

Cheers.

hi there

not to bad once we got all the parts needed together, as it was a first there were things we did'nt realise we needed to change but i had a lot of help from others.
now i'm very pleased with the result and its so much easier to get from the front to the rear.

tranivanman

Somelier

All you need now is to move the handbrake to the right of the driver's seat and you'll have even more room to move!!

tranivanman

All you need now is to move the handbrake to the right of the driver's seat and you'll have even more room to move!!

ah now there's a thought!!!!! already considered putting a mk7 front end on!!!!!!!!

tranivanman

whitevanwoman

send some photo's of yours.
i thought you had a long wheel base tranny!!

tranivanman

Yep, mine's a LWB Hi-roof. To be honest, much as yours looks great, I wouldn't swop mine, I love it, it's my mobile boudoir. I'll post some pics in a few days once I've tidied up after 5 days away over jubilee weekend. It's still very much a metal tent although I now have my leisure battery wired in, my little beer chiller 12v fridge wired in, my home made deluxe bog in a bucket, and new carpet. It still needs the second layer of roof insulating finishing and the sides and doors need insulating behind the ply and I want to put doors on some of the shelves and wooden frame along the side to hide all my clutter.

Every time I go away in it, I come back with more ideas - I'm working on a sliding table top extension (the table is the top of the dog's cage with 11mm ply board on top and my camping gas stove sits on it) and also a storage unit for water and waste water, with a pump tap and mini sink which will probably be an old washing up bowl with a funnel sunk into it with pipe to waste water tank).

I don't want to do a proper conversion so I'm happy with my sunlounger bed although I've decided to make some bed boards for it as it's a bit saggy, and I want everything to be removable so that I can empty it fully to use as a van if I need to.

Here's some photos of what it was like when I first got it and some pics of my deluxe bog in a bucket. I bought it from a window fitter who put the wooden frame and shelving in along one side
Big White Van BWV pictures by whitevanwoman-photos - Photobucket

It's now alot more pink and flowery than it was back then... :fun:

tranivanman

Yep, mine's a LWB Hi-roof. To be honest, much as yours looks great, I wouldn't swop mine, I love it, it's my mobile boudoir. I'll post some pics in a few days once I've tidied up after 5 days away over jubilee weekend. It's still very much a metal tent although I now have my leisure battery wired in, my little beer chiller 12v fridge wired in, my home made deluxe bog in a bucket, and new carpet. It still needs the second layer of roof insulating finishing and the sides and doors need insulating behind the ply and I want to put doors on some of the shelves and wooden frame along the side to hide all my clutter.

Every time I go away in it, I come back with more ideas - I'm working on a sliding table top extension (the table is the top of the dog's cage with 11mm ply board on top and my camping gas stove sits on it) and also a storage unit for water and waste water, with a pump tap and mini sink which will probably be an old washing up bowl with a funnel sunk into it with pipe to waste water tank).

I don't want to do a proper conversion so I'm happy with my sunlounger bed although I've decided to make some bed boards for it as it's a bit saggy, and I want everything to be removable so that I can empty it fully to use as a van if I need to.

Here's some photos of what it was like when I first got it and some pics of my deluxe bog in a bucket. I bought it from a window fitter who put the wooden frame and shelving in along one side
Big White Van BWV pictures by whitevanwoman-photos - Photobucket

It's now alot more pink and flowery than it was back then... :fun:

i love the sound of your van, its your van !!! thats the thing, your van and as such its what you want and what you are happy with that counts, not what others want or dont like, thats why i'm also happy with my van for excatly those reasons, its my van and it works for us, we're happy with it just like you are.
its not a competion to see who's is best but more a case of what works for you and what your happy with, thats the pleasure in being able to be happy with what you have, so many people are never happy even when they have everything in life there still not happy inside.
keep up the good work and enjoy your van and what you have done to it, thats the satisfaction.
good luck and one day we may bump into each other.

whitevanwoman

i love the sound of your van, its your van !!! thats the thing, your van and as such its what you want and what you are happy with that counts, not what others want or dont like, thats why i'm also happy with my van for excatly those reasons, its my van and it works for us, we're happy with it just like you are.
its not a competion to see who's is best but more a case of what works for you and what your happy with, thats the pleasure in being able to be happy with what you have, so many people are never happy even when they have everything in life there still not happy inside.
keep up the good work and enjoy your van and what you have done to it, thats the satisfaction.
good luck and one day we may bump into each other.

:ditto: Couldn't say it any better myself.

although not literally I hope with regard to the bumping into

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)