Meter Leads ...

wildebus

Forum Member
I don't know :(
You get a Multimeter. It is a well-known brand but still parts fail prematurely :cry:

I have a nice Fluke Multimeter and the test probes haven't even made it much past 35 years!

Ok. Not to shoddy I guess :geek:
Reason for post ... the Meter I got back in 1984 still works nicely, but one of the probe leads eventually failed with an internal break on Sunday, so time to get new leads. (y)
Genuine Fluke Leads are more expensive then most actual meters, so decided to get this kit as compatible with the Fluke connections
1607432966729.png

Arrived today and gave them a quick test and got to say I am impressed with the quality and feed of them. Maybe early days to post a 'review' but compared to the leads of the other meters I have used, they feel "right".
Recommended if anyone needs new leads (or even just better flexibility. My old probes were just a pair of points on the end - this kit adds handy extra connection options which I am sure will be really handy. Should have got these years ago!)

st3v3

Forum Member
Nice.

I have one of these that has a dodgy connection that I must look at... The leads don't unplug though, bit more involved

71xEtkwlxlL._SL1500_.jpg

Phantom

Forum Member
With cheaper meters lead quality is always a bit of a gamble. I've had a few break at the probe connection so an awkward repair.
A clamp meter costing £16 arrived yesterday which also measures dc amps, leads are not bad either. 🙂

wildebus

Forum Member
£16 Clamp meter that reads DC Amps? that would be a bargain if the specs are right! (maximum Amps in DC?)

Phantom

Forum Member
Ooooh, link?
It was £19.80 but gave me £3.60 discount for some reason?
There are two very similar models of this, only one does dc amps via clamp.
Not tested it much but it seems fine for my purpose.

wildebus

Forum Member
FWIW, this is the Clamp Meter I bought ... https://amzn.to/3gwwVck - About £10 more. Decent enough.

I see yours has a setting for C/F - So measures temp. How does it do that? temp probe plugs into the meter or end of the clamp end? Handy extra feature to have that (y)

Deleted member 4404

With cheaper meters lead quality is always a bit of a gamble. I've had a few break at the probe connection so an awkward repair.
A clamp meter costing £16 arrived yesterday which also measures dc amps, leads are not bad either. 🙂

Just bought one off ebay and the £3.96 discount code is still valid.. Thanks (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)