Iveco 2007 Library Van - Any good ??

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Also a point to consider is I could never afford a factory built moho, so it was a case of "build one or don't have one"
While I have a wide range of various skills I had never done anything of this nature when I started on my bus. With some help ( mainly due to mobility issues) it was a 9month project & while maybe not the best finished interior it fits my needs to a tee, as well as being just what I set out to build.
My advice to anyone considering a project like this is crack on! Find out what you are capable of. If you don't like the finished article, change the bits you aren't happy with as you go, at least you'll be out there doing it.....

RAW

Forum Member
Also a point to consider is I could never afford a factory built moho, so it was a case of "build one or don't have one"
While I have a wide range of various skills I had never done anything of this nature when I started on my bus. With some help ( mainly due to mobility issues) it was a 9month project & while maybe not the best finished interior it fits my needs to a tee, as well as being just what I set out to build.
My advice to anyone considering a project like this is crack on! Find out what you are capable of. If you don't like the finished article, change the bits you aren't happy with as you go, at least you'll be out there doing it.....
Sylvia cost me £3500 and I have spent probably IRO of 2500 on various things including Engine Maintenance, Brake Maintenance, New Water Pump, new leads, solar and LPG for fuel and habitation. So hopefully I will get approaching £6K back when I sell her.
Issue for me will be time soon and also location due to living on a hill and sloping parking space making working on vehicles difficult. Was hard enough fitting a solar panel on a 30 degree slope !!

wildebus

Forum Member
Sylvia cost me £3500 and I have spent probably IRO of 2500 on various things including Engine Maintenance, Brake Maintenance, New Water Pump, new leads, solar and LPG for fuel and habitation. So hopefully I will get approaching £6K back when I sell her.
Issue for me will be time soon and also location due to living on a hill and sloping parking space making working on vehicles difficult. Was hard enough fitting a solar panel on a 30 degree slope !!
That last comment reminds me of the location of the chap who dropped off your Leoch Battery! I drove up to his place up the hill locally called the "clutch killer". He was fitting out his T5 at home outside his house as well. I know one thing ... I will never drive up that hill again as it was a right pain in my truck!!

trevskoda

Forum Member
Surely better for them to have a go tho trev, you never know your own capabilities till you have a try. My bus is probably not every ones cuppa tea, but I like it & I like to sit in it & remember the time I spent building it, & time spent in the company of my buddy who helped too....
Not when the gas and electrics are one step of a bomb,household wiring mixed with bell wire is not good,along with a big hole in roof for tv antenna,not sealed,some folk should or would be better of taking up golf from some jobs i have seen.

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Not when the gas and electrics are one step of a bomb,household wiring mixed with bell wire is not good,along with a big hole in roof for tv antenna,not sealed,some folk should or would be better of taking up golf from some jobs i have seen.
Agreed, any unsafe work is a safety issue. Point I was trying to make was not everybody is dangerous & sometimes you only find out your capabilities when you try things. Admitted some practices are dangerous but as with any diy projects certain aspects ( gas & electrical installations etc) should always be left to people who are experienced & qualified, be it in your bus conversion or in your bricks & mortar. Other than that I think its a good thing to have a bash at joinery etc yourself. Like I said if the results aren't to your liking, the option is there to alter & adjust as you go. I bet every self build on this forum has been altered since it was built, I know mine has. Each step forward represents more skills learned & more experience of life on the road....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)