Insulating Tonka toy

Mad Manx

I am begining to worry about spending winter in my Tonka toy .
So i am looking at carefully taking the carpet of the walls and putting this on

Thermawrap Airtec Reflective Foil Insulation
then putting the carpet back on top

Has anyone any experence of this product did you use a glue and if so what type

They recomend stapels but my walls are only 16 mm thick and i am not sure stapels will work

hextal

Its reflective so will need an air-gap to work properly. If you put it in direct contact with the van wall it will be forced to act in conduction, and unfortunately metal is a really good heat conductor.

i'd go with foam/polystyrene. Camping mat is good (as suggested above) if space is tight

Mastodon

Don't use evostik. In hot weather it will soften and your insulation will fall down. Check out screwfix.

QFour

If you stick something to a metal surface do you still get condensation in between where the metal and the insulation are glued and the voids. Should you not have some form of void between the two so that any condensation can dry during the day. We used to have a boat and the condensation after a night aboard during the winter was terrible. You are trying to keep warm air from getting in contact with very cold metal or in our case fiberglass. Polystyrene sheeting would stop the heat loss but how thick would it need to be to stop the condensation. How would you fasten it. Found this on the net about insulating a van Have a look here Looks like spray on foam so there is no glue to worry about. No voids so no condensation and as they say don't forget the floor. Hope it helps

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)