Ideal Fridge for Self-Build Camper - £70!

wildebus

Forum Member
(Edited to remove other item no longer available)

Undercounter 93L 230V Compressor Fridge
It is this item here - https://amzn.to/2SEkcNg
I fitted one of these in my Camper Conversion in 2017 and it worked brilliantly and never missed a beat. I would leave it on 24/7 summer and winter.
More economical than the majority of 12V Compressor Fridges costing 4 times the cost and twice as roomy. And over 10 times more efficient than a 3-Way used on 240V.
I bought this one that is for sale in 2019 to have either as a spare or for a new project but never used it until a couple of weeks ago as a temporary option when my much more expensive and much less efficient 3-Way started playing up (and I removed it to troubleshoot).
So this is virtually brand new with just a couple of weeks use (and coming out again within a few days when the permanent replacement gets installed).
It is suitable for use in a camper (with an inverter) or is equally good in a regular domestic environment.
For use with a camper, I have added a little travelling catch to secure the door which works really well and is very unobtrusive.

Superbly efficient and looking for just £70, which is an incredible bargain for a essentially brand new Class A++ Fridge!

The following graph shows how little power the Fridge uses. When the compressor is running, it draws around 38W, but the compressor only needs to run around 1/4 to 1/3 of the time to maintain the temperature, which means this fridge is extremely efficient, even when used via an inverter (I have my inverter set to only come on when the fridge demands it, so virtually no inverter power draw happens for most of the time)

1627203024954.png

1627202899346.png

Attachments

• 1625141897062.png
    1625141897062.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 274
Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Got some Solar Panels available as well. Never been fitted.
100W Glass framed Eco-Worthy, fitted with solar cable and MC4 connectors. £60 each to clear out the way!

DnK

Forum Member
Thats a steel for that price. They are currently unavailable in UK and no stock in their UK warehouse. I've been in touch with Inventor and they have no scheduled delivery date to their UK warehouse due to Covid and its affects on business. They have assured that all their current products are still in production. Unfortunately you live just a little far from me to collect.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)