How greedy are you?

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Having been keeping an eye on daily consumption we haven’t exceeded 1.5kwh a day.
Air 2kw eberspacher is used each night. The 12kw water eberspacher is run twice a day for hot water. Radio most of the day. Water pump as and when. The engine starter batteries are permanently connected to a victron 24 volt charger that remains in storage mode once there. The 24 volt items run from the engine batteries. Not forgetting the victron inverter running all the time. Looking after the battery charger and domestic fridge.

Nabsim

Forum Member
I don’t have anything logging consumption but I get through approx 60 to 65 amps every 24 hours. That is averaged though but remains fairly constant

wildebus

Forum Member
I seem to get through around 18Ah (around 250Wh) overnight when it is just parked up.
Trouble is a lot of that usage is a result of having stuff fitted to monitor the usage :)

At a guess, over a day I would think around a kW sounds likely if using TV, lighting , using & recharging tech, etc. but no fridge use. Hopefully will actually go out some where and know soon!

wildebus

Forum Member
This is based on the mppt’s harvesting numbers and all the batteries getting to 100%
you are finding the batteries getting back to 100% each day still with that use?
It will be interesting as you look back over the data to see what point in the year the solar is not able to keep up with the demand

wildebus

Forum Member
Just had a look ... taking around 20AH out overnight and the solar generally brings the battery back to 100% by mid-morning. So could afford to take a fair bit more and still be full before the "solar day" is done (the harvesting is lower than it 'should' be because there is nowhere for the energy to go).
1622375455992.png

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
My monitoring facilities are not as smart as yours David.
This morning I had enough solar capacity left I was able to offer to charge a new van, fortunately the system was not set up properly and with the help of another camper it was able to charge itself.

wildebus

Forum Member
My monitoring facilities are not as smart as yours David.
This morning I had enough solar capacity left I was able to offer to charge a new van, fortunately the system was not set up properly and with the help of another camper it was able to charge itself.
I thought you had a Raspberry Pi running the Victron OS?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)