home conversion fitting captain

kevangies

hi there i have an iveco daily home conversion and want to take out double seat and fit solo captain swivel but don't really know what to get. i am looking at second hand ones and bases but not sure which type will fit mine. because my seats have space underneath:idea::(:confused: them now does that mean i have to set raised up seats on will any type do.

mrbigglesworth

Maybe best to have a look at some mpv seats in vehicle recyclers (scrapyards) to get an idea of what will adapt. Think about how the seatbelt will fit. Some front seats have airbag firing gizmos that have to be "sorted".

Seats with level bases are easiest to fit. If you get the seats first then bases can be made or bought that fit. Prices in scrappies for seats may be aound £40 each though this could vary a great deal. Some dealers on ebay sell these same seats for 6 or so times the price. One local scrap yard told me a bloke comes round most Fridays the buy seats for resale.

Seats in scrapyards get dirty quickly so you may have to check frequently for new arrivals.

Mr B.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)