Hi there

Frayer

Hello, I live in Slovenia and preparing to build a camper on 7meter MB Sprinter basis.

Looking forward to collect some of your experience and knowledge, maybe I could contribute a little myself too. But I am fighting with a lot of new stuff on subject ;)

Deleted member 4404

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Sprinter conversion (y)

wildebus

Forum Member
Hello,

I am sure you will find this forum good as a sounding board for ideas :)
There are also a few very good YouTube Channels with well explained and filmed conversions of a Sprinter which I like and recommend watching for ideas.

These are my personal 3 Sprinter favourites

Van Tourist - A Russian Guy called Ivan who self converted his LHD Sprinter
(I like this one as both he and I used a very similar approach and logic in some of the products selected)

Humble Road - An American called George with an intense eye for detail and logical approaching

Greg Vigoe - UK Self Conversion of RHD Sprinter with a similar eye for detail as Humble Road but different products used and a different end goal

Frayer

Thanks Wildebus. Greg I know, I think I watched all of his videos. He is great, not only for van stuff but also on how to use of tools etc.
I will check other two as well.

GEOFF

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your conversion. Geoff.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Hi Frayer I hope you enjoy doing your conversion, be careful it can take over your life 😁😁😁
Good luck
Dave

Millie Master

Forum Member
Welcome aboard Frayer, I hope you find your conversion as totally captivating as most of the reast of us.

A quick word of warning though, as your van is a Sprinter I beg you to make certain you treat all the rust you will undoubtedly find before starting your build as sadly these mechanically excellent vans were built with bodies that had woefully inadequate resistance to the dreaded tin eating monster!

Phil

Frayer

Thanks for the welcome.
For the rust: I know... I can`t understand what happened in those MB minds; all other (and cheaper) vans are better in this regard.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Thanks for the welcome.
For the rust: I know... I can`t understand what happened in those MB minds; all other (and cheaper) vans are better in this regard.

With the exception of the Ford Transit which melts away even faster than a Merc!!

trevskoda

Forum Member
Hi and welcome,would just like to point out one conversion above shows a m/bike in side van,this is not allowed in uk unless it is classed as a living /day van and not a motorhome,you can though carry a m/bike on the rear,all seems daft to me but there has been a court case here and conviction,so anyone doing this beware .

Millie Master

Forum Member
Hi and welcome,would just like to point out one conversion above shows a m/bike in side van,this is not allowed in uk unless it is classed as a living /day van and not a motorhome,you can though carry a m/bike on the rear,all seems daft to me but there has been a court case here and conviction,so anyone doing this beware .

Well said Trev.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)