Henry water. Heater

Millie Master

Forum Member
over in Wales and the bloody Henry water heater has stopped working.

Now if you didn’t know these are exactly the same as the Carver heaters and as ours is all of 7 years old, I think it possibly needs replacing.
Ideally or rather, essentially it needs to be a like for like replacement... Any ideas as to where I might find one?

Many thanks

Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
Many thanks for your swift reply Phil.

We are in South Wales, close to Solva (brilliant farm ice cream),.

Although the
Water heater is buggered, I am hoping to find somwhere to buy an exact fit replacement from for when I get home next week. But as the Carver or Henry heaters are no longer made, and that is where my problem is!

I don’t want to have to rip out half the interior and get some metal welded into the O/S panels to fit another type!

Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
Sprinter is right Phil they are near Blaenavon probably not far from you if your in South Wale. It's called Soth Wales Caravan centre, I bought most of my white goods from them new but very cheap at the time, plus my Truma 4e, but they do rip out Caravans and sell off the innards etc. Best phone before you go on your way back home. Phil

https://www.caravanrepaircentre.net/

01495 792700

Squiffy

Forum Member
By the way Phil Solva is in West Wales quite a long way from South Wales 😀. South Wales is generally as far as Swansea from Cardiff from Swansea onwards you start to come into West Wales, anything north of Cardiff/Swansea is known as the vallys after the valleys it becomes Mid Wales and finally Snowden and above is North Wales. Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
Hi Phil;

It is just the same over in France, I am always told off by my most beloved when I term/describe the Dordogne as central France as she always insists it is S/W France which is of course the official description, however I always then show her where it actually is on the map !! But hey/ho what can you expect from an old and crusty like me?

But back to the water heater, after a bit of juggling around I finally got the electrical heating element of it to work, but not the gas. So as my back has now gone again, I have decided to head off home on Sunday and then, back permitting next week I intend to remove the tank to see what is wrong with it.

I think the cylinder itself is the culprit, along with the thermostat as it patently boiled when heating it on gas and the resultant pressure has clearly blown something. Currently using the heater only for a few minutes on electric is OK but asthenosphere water heats up and the pressure rises, so do the leaks!

TTFN

Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
Hi Phil;

It is just the same over in France, I am always told off by my most beloved when I term/describe the Dordogne as central France as she always insists it is S/W France which is of course the official description, however I always then show her where it actually is on the map !! But hey/ho what can you expect from an old and crusty like me?

But back to the water heater, after a bit of juggling around I finally got the electrical heating element of it to work, but not the gas. So as my back has now gone again, I have decided to head off home on Sunday and then, back permitting next week I intend to remove the tank to see what is wrong with it.

I think the cylinder itself is the culprit, along with the thermostat as it patently boiled when heating it on gas and the resultant pressure has clearly blown something. Currently using the heater only for a few minutes on electric is OK but asthenosphere water heats up and the pressure rises, so do the leaks!

TTFN

Phil
😄 to the area description 😒 to the water heater problem. Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
As an update and after close inspection, I came to the conclusion that the tank was absolutely buggered, so I have now ordered a 6ltr. Propex 240v tank to replace it with, purchased from Magnums for just £151 along with free delivery.
As there is the usual venting hole from the Henry heater and as I can't be bothered with welding in a section of metal and respraying the panel, I have decided to leave the existing external cover in place and simply seal it off from the inside.

I would have preferred to replaced the heater, but as they are no longer made and the asking prices being asked even for spares or repair are totally bonkers at £150 +++ and a refurbished/rebuilt unit with only 1 year warranty was even more bonkers at almost £400, I am forced to admit that basic economics came into play.

Phil

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
Better capacity but too late

Millie Master

Forum Member
Better capacity but too late

And also slightly too large, but thanks for the thought.

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)