Heater controls

Greggbear67

Forum Member
My bus has a diesel heater fitted, assume its an eberspacher as paperwork came with bus. The only controls are a dial that looks like a thermostat type heat control & a 4 position rotary switch beside it. Am I right in assuming the dial controls the temp & the rotary switch is fan speed? Not sure what model heater it is as its under the bus somewhere & limited mobility prevents me from investigating further....

Reactions: RAW

RAW

Forum Member
My bus has a diesel heater fitted, assume its an eberspacher as paperwork came with bus. The only controls are a dial that looks like a thermostat type heat control & a 4 position rotary switch beside it. Am I right in assuming the dial controls the temp & the rotary switch is fan speed? Not sure what model heater it is as its under the bus somewhere & limited mobility prevents me from investigating further....
Are you 100% heater is diesel as sounds maybe like a Propex control ? You could always take a picture and post here plus do a reverse image search with tineye, works well https://tineye.com/

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Definitely a diesel heater, didn't have any other fuel source till I converted the bus & only gas appliance is the cooker. Will post a photo next time I'm in the bus & see if anyone recognises it, the 2 switches are not like any of the ones in the above link.

Reactions: RAW

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I think I now the one you mean Gregg, Murky had one originally. I'm told the newer controllers will operate it. As the heater had been taken from mine, so I put a newer self contained eberspacher in it. I'm guessing yours has a separate electronics box.

Deleted member 4404

@Greggbear67, Here's a pic of the rotary eber control I have just removed - sounds as though it could be the same as yours.

IMG_20200209_140500.jpg

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Think that looks like one of the switches. No positions as such, just rotates. Then next to that is another rotary switch with 4 click positions.

Deleted member 4404

Think that looks like one of the switches. No positions as such, just rotates. Then next to that is another rotary switch with 4 click positions.

The other switch might control something else because I only have one control for the eber.

Nabsim

Forum Member
Is that not the rheostat controller shown on the link Greg? It says the switch connects the red and yellow together to turn on and the diagram shows red, yellow and brown wires that I can see in your pic

Deleted member 4404

Is that not the rheostat controller shown on the link Greg? It says the switch connects the red and yellow together to turn on and the diagram shows red, yellow and brown wires that I can see in your pic

Sorry Neil, my pic doesn't show all the cables but there were 5 connected. The blue/white and brown were not used.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)