Greetings from Lancashire

mpwade12

Forum Member
Hello one and all. So, about to embark on the strip and conversion of a 2001 Bluebird AARE. A wee slip of a bus at 37ft long and 8.5 ft wide. Spent most of its life ferrying kids around Berkshire and latterly, as a training bus. As a Cummins ISC 5.9 mated to a Allison AT 545 gearbox.

Stand by for a dearth of banal questions....
Bus.jpg

Deleted member 4404

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
A very ambitious project, are you able to work on it under cover?

mpwade12

Forum Member
Thank you. Yes, best not do things by half measures eh.... ;)

Sadly not. I have secured some yard space locally with power but as you can imagine, finding a building cheap enough, big enough has been a struggle. I have access to a secure compound, with power and that is as much as I can ask for the moment. I am keeping my eyes open for something better though.

Nabsim

Forum Member
I like that, very good project although looking at some of the bus conversion work on this site way above my capabilities even when I was able to do more :)
Welcome to the site and I hope it all goes well, please keep posting as you do things and include pics. I want to see what this turns into :)

Red Dwarf

Forum Member
Now that’s what I call a project! Looks like lots of fun and lots of space to work with. Good luck with your build and don’t worry about banal, lots of help and ideas from others here.

Tookey

Forum Member
Hello one and all. So, about to embark on the strip and conversion of a 2001 Bluebird AARE. A wee slip of a bus at 37ft long and 8.5 ft wide. Spent most of its life ferrying kids around Berkshire and latterly, as a training bus. As a Cummins ISC 5.9 mated to a Allison AT 545 gearbox.

Stand by for a dearth of banal questions....View attachment 3615
I got to ask.......why, there are a few pretty obvious disadvantages to this base vehicle so what is the attraction?

'Just cos I want to' is a perfectly good enough reason, just interested

wildebus

Forum Member
looks like fun. There is a big "schoolie" vibe in the US and some very good Youtube channels on conversions (both good and bad! - but still all worth checking out for fun).

Nabsim

Forum Member
looks like fun. There is a big "schoolie" vibe in the US and some very good Youtube channels on conversions (both good and bad! - but still all worth checking out for fun).
That was my first thought when I saw the pic. Some great US school bus conversions, they are too heavy for my licenses so never bothered to look into one for here but really like them :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)