Gas cylinder

Mad Manx

Hi does anyone know if it would ok to use a 25 kg blue gas cylinder on its side instead of stood up ?

n brown

Forum Member
it's not.the bottle is full of gas which liquifies at the top of the bottle,so lying it on its side would mean having liquid gas coming out of your appliances. not good! maybe you could cut a gas bottle sized hole in the floor so you can get half the bottle outside,i've done that to save space

ricc

it's not.the bottle is full of gas which liquifies at the top of the bottle,so lying it on its side would mean having liquid gas coming out of your appliances. not good! maybe you could cut a gas bottle sized hole in the floor so you can get half the bottle outside,i've done that to save space

ive allways found that liquids is heavier than their gas form so the liquid is at the bottom of the bottle.....thats why the gas outlet at the top.... if the bottle on its side is half full of liquid it will come out the outlet.

whatever ....lying gas bottles on their side is not a good idea

Tony Lee

NO!!!!

Only option is to get a bottle designed to mount horizontally with the vapour outlet at the top. Most underslung fixed propane bottles are this type

NB forklift bottles are designed to be mounted that way BUT they probably deliver liquid not gas,

Mad Manx

Thanks guys I have a refillabel one on the bus its an old fridge trailer one mounts horizontally with filler and outlets on the top side .
I was just thinking of being lazy as new motor has cylinders and they are a pain to put in locker the right way up

channa

NO!!!!

Only option is to get a bottle designed to mount horizontally with the vapour outlet at the top. Most underslung fixed propane bottles are this type

NB forklift bottles are designed to be mounted that way BUT they probably deliver liquid not gas,

100 percent correct

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)