Gas box project complete...

AuldTam

I've just completed a gas box in my self build...I've been looking for a metal box to fit over a 7kg gas bottle for ages then when I was in the shed the other day I remembered I had some metal shelves from an old stationery cupboard...measured them up against the gas bottle then set to work...I nipped out this morning and bought a metal blade for the jigsaw and some pop rivets...I took the ply door off the existing gas box and made a metal box to fit inside and a metal liner on the back of the ply door, job done....I'm well chuffed with myself :king:

AuldTam

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

ellisboy

Yes! I've used pipe inserts,they are used in push fit plumbing,they come in different sizes.where ever I've drilled a hole in the floor ( gas drop out, waste pipes etc) then I've used an insert.For the gas drop out you could use soffit vents.Both of these items can be bought from Toolstation.if you spent £10 then it's free delivery.They sell lots of usefull things for selfbuilders.

:cheers: Stephen.

AuldTam

Yes! I've used pipe inserts,they are used in push fit plumbing,they come in different sizes.where ever I've drilled a hole in the floor ( gas drop out, waste pipes etc) then I've used an insert.For the gas drop out you could use soffit vents.Both of these items can be bought from Toolstation.if you spent £10 then it's free delivery.They sell lots of usefull things for selfbuilders.

:cheers: Stephen.

Thanks...I'll have a look

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)