Floor Insulation - as in UNDER the floor. Can anyone advise please?

donnk

the problem you have is its too late now to insulate as it has to be done on the inside before everything is bolted on. You can try insulating the outside but you will be fighting a losing battle.

We don't insulate the outside of our roofs or the outside of our freezers etc.

When building the van it needs to have a closed off as possible insulated box, double glazed plastic windows etc.

What you could try is adding skirts to stop a draft being blown under the vehicle as this for sure wicks away heat due to the chill effect.

Deleted member 951

If I ever get around to doing a self build, I would probably have the walls roof and floor lined with this stuff;

LINE-X Van Liners | The Best Van Lining Solution

Hopefully protecting the metal before any other insulation was added. It is also used to line the back of pick up trucks, so I presume it is good for external use as well.

Roger

If I ever get around to doing a self build, I would probably have the walls roof and floor lined with this stuff;

LINE-X Van Liners | The Best Van Lining Solution

Hopefully protecting the metal before any other insulation was added. It is also used to line the back of pick up trucks, so I presume it is good for external use as well.

Seen similar stuff in a beach fisherman's ute, was not lasting well with wet, sandy nets being dragged in and out of it. However that is probably an extreme case. As with any coating it really relies upon the original rust coating of the steel before anything else is added.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)