Fingers crossed

Poppy

All being well, should be off to Mile End on Saturday to pick the van up :dance:
Which is good, coz I have my early winter hols from work, we don't get a say in when we have um. But it's fallen at the right time :)

Then the fun!! Challenge...more like it, will begin...how exciting :scared:

n brown

Forum Member
p 28 screwfix catalogue,easydrive self drilling screws,treat yourself to a pack of 32mm,for fixing ply,battens, etc to the van ribs,note they have a philps head.they'll help you get started!luck!

Poppy

How exciting - enjoy your travels.

Our first van was called Poppy :)

Nice one :lol-053:

my partner say the van looks like a duck! so she has started calling it 'the duck' something tells me it's going to stick!

Poppy

p 28 screwfix catalogue,easydrive self drilling screws,treat yourself to a pack of 32mm,for fixing ply,battens, etc to the van ribs,note they have a philps head.they'll help you get started!luck!

Excellent, will take a look after my dinner....thanks

Poppy

Just had a look & noticed a new store has just opened round the corner from where I work :dance: will be popping over there after I finish tomoz :)
Thanks again

hextal

Yep. They are fab and make life so much easier.

garvs11

Hi Poppy what Van are you getting,
Good luck take each step carefully and everything falls into place please feel free to ask fro help.

Dom

n brown

Forum Member
yeah sticky out bits is what we used to call them! obviously check the screw isn't long enough to go through the outer skin!also if you'regoing in with a screw on the end of your cordless,sometimes you'll hit a double layer,persevere,or you may go through one layer,then hit another layer a few mm in.what happens then is the thread you just cut jams,then strips,then cuts a new thread in the second layer

Poppy

yeah sticky out bits is what we used to call them! obviously check the screw isn't long enough to go through the outer skin!also if you'regoing in with a screw on the end of your cordless,sometimes you'll hit a double layer,persevere,or you may go through one layer,then hit another layer a few mm in.what happens then is the thread you just cut jams,then strips,then cuts a new thread in the second layer

I've looked & there is a small gap in places along the roof section & will be paying close attention when doing the ceiling...I did 'treat' myself to 32mm self drilling screws from screfix, but to be honest, I'm happy bout doing the building stuff (apart from cutting holes in the van, more so the roof, as it's fibreglass) it's mainly the electrics that have me in a spin, but I'm slowly getting my head around it. :)

n brown

Forum Member
I've looked & there is a small gap in places along the roof section & will be paying close attention when doing the ceiling...I did 'treat' myself to 32mm self drilling screws from screfix, but to be honest, I'm happy bout doing the building stuff (apart from cutting holes in the van, more so the roof, as it's fibreglass) it's mainly the electrics that have me in a spin, but I'm slowly getting my head around it. :)
not surprised you don't like cutting fibreglass,smells horrible and tastes worse !

gaz2676

dying to find out what could possibly look like a duck.... apart from a duck ive even googled it ...but no luck with the duck keep ending up at iceland frozen dept .....please put me out of my suspenders post a piccy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)