Enable Factory Cruise Control on Ford Transit Mk8

Dinosawus

Forum Member
Cruise control is great on a long journey but not all Ford Transit Mk8 have it fitted as standard so its useful to know that the factory option can be enabled on a standard van with the addition of a steering wheel and enabling the options in the backend.

The first step is to buy a used steering wheel with controls on eBay. There are plenty of videos around on how to fit the steering wheel, be careful of the airbag.

Once the wheel is installed you need to take the van to an auto electrician/modifier who has forscan and can program the BCMii (Body Control Module).

The instructions for the software changes are here https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=200947#p1705342 on the Ford Transit Forum but copying the relevant info here in case it gets deleted/moved.

It seems that My vehicle does not have central configuration so it was a matter of enabling the cruise control in the BCMII (select option 2 cruise control), enabling adjustable speed limiter (option 2 ASL) and cruise control (select option 2 cruise control) in the PCM module, enabling the cruise control switch in the sccm module (this gives 2 switch options which I think are the switch part numbers, I guessed at option 1 as I didnt want to take the airbag off again and luckily it worked fine but if you are doing this remember to check the part number on your cruise control switch before fitting and then you should know which of these options to select)
I also enabled adjustable speed limiter in the IPC module (option 2 ASL)

I was confused for a little while by a cruise control switch setting in the IPC module which would revert to disabled every time I enabled it and then exited out of the IPC module but it obviously doesnt matter as mine is working fine.

It would appear that the cruise control switch used on the steering wheel can vary and its important to look at the numbers. After a couple of attempts at the software and three steering wheels from eBay, the last one from Spain as EU models appear different, this worked for my 2017 model and all the settings for cruise appear on the instrument panel like a factory fit, it was a dream come true.

DM me if you need a lead on a modifier in London who has done this before.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)