Electrolux Three Way Fridge - Gas Ignition Sparker - Automatic Wiring ?

RAW

Forum Member
Anyone got any idea how the Igniter switch on an Electrolux three way fridge is wired - in fact not just the Igniter switch but everything else
I keep searching google images and just about every image I find that looks any good returns a 404 page
It is this one

TIA
20200515_183953.jpg

Squiffy

Forum Member
This may help but not sure if it's your model, having the model nr would help for a more specific wiring layout though most three ways are very similar. Phil

• Thank You
Reactions: RAW

RAW

Forum Member
This may help but not sure if it's your model, having the model nr would help for a more specific wiring layout
Went through manual quickly and couldn't find what I needed so might have to try and get better access.
I am pretty sure it has no positive 12V going to the Engine battery !!

Squiffy

Forum Member
If its three way it must have a dedicated 12volt supply terminal, whether this goes straight to a battery or through a relay controlled by the ign/alternator (Which is the norm)when in operation is relevant, but it must also have a seperate permanent 12volt supply for the fridge ign and internal light Usually supplied by the leisure battery, an interrupted 12volt supply from the vehicle battery so as when ignition and engine is off it breaks the cct between VBand fridge 12volt heater this preventing the VB from total discharge. There will also be a 230volt connection of Pos/Earth/ Neutral for the 230volt heater operation. Most modern three ways will not operate without the permanent 12volt as this controls the electronics. If you study it carefully you will find all these terminals, your major decision is how you connect it to the VB so as it disconnects when stationary. Don't forget to take the 230v back to a suitably fused consumer unit and the 12volt positives should also be fuse close to each battery VB + LB.
To sum up there should be a 230volt terminal a 12volt interrupted terminal and a permanent 12volt supply the 12volt might share the same earth/neg supply.Phil

P.s. sharing neg I mean neg of both 12volt supplied not 230volts

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Squiffy

Forum Member
By the way do not forget to earth your gas supply pipe back to the 230v earth in the consumer unit, how you join it to the consumer earth is up to you but a lot of folk forget or don't know that the gas pipe in the vehicle must be earthed to the mains earth. Phil

• Thank You

RAW

Forum Member
By the way do not forget to earth your gas supply pipe back to the 230v earth in the consumer unit, how you join it to the consumer earth is up to you but a lot of folk forget or don't know that the gas pipe in the vehicle must be earthed to the mains earth. Phil
Yes - Thanks for that, I do not think that is done !!
Just on the 12v to the fridge, I don't suppose I could wire the Fridge Positive to the Battery Driver Side on the Victron Cyrix-ct 12/24V 120A ?

I have found the 12V Supply to the fridge and it is disconnected
1 is 12V and 2 is 240V to the Fridge
1589653898507.png

Squiffy

Forum Member
To be honest Raw I'd personally if the 230v/(240v if your old fashioned) is producinging the required 230volts then I'd use that for the 230v connection provided it was going back to a 6amp fused consumer type supply, as for the 12volt supply I would run a seperate supply from the LB for the permanent feed and run another for the interrupted alternator/Ign supply through a relay energized by the alternator +. If your a bit non plus about this PM me and I will endeavor to try and try to describe the process, a lot will depend on what vehicle you are working with. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)