Edecoa 3000 W Peak 1500 W Constant - Spares or Repair

RAW

Forum Member
As per my blew up the inverter thread, the Edecoa is for sale on EBAY to raise funds for a new inverter, Victron MultiPlus, if I can get the money together !!

Squiffy

Forum Member
As per my blew up the inverter thread, the Edecoa is for sale on EBAY to raise funds for a new inverter, Victron MultiPlus, if I can get the money together !!
Found this on the internet, just out of interest I was looking up the price of one of these inverters and came across this.

Phil.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: RAW

wildebus

Forum Member
"Wave of weirdness"
I am in two minds on Edecoa. I think they appear well made and constructed for the price point, and have fitted a few of them. However the only one I have used myself failed after around 9 months or so. Sent it back to Amazon and got a refund next day and changed to a Victron (whose output sinewave is actually cleaner than household mains! Guess you get what you pay for).

RAW

Forum Member
I am in two minds on Edecoa. I think they appear well made and constructed for the price point, and have fitted a few of them. However the only one I have used myself failed after around 9 months or so. Sent it back to Amazon and got a refund next day and changed to a Victron (whose output sinewave is actually cleaner than household mains! Guess you get what you pay for).
Having taken mine apart I don't think the build quality on the Edecoa is that great and that might be why they fail. Obviously you pays your money and takes your choice as they say so (echo'ing David above). Manufacturers Like Victron, Outback Power and Sterling Power have far better build quality. Whilst speaking to my son about it (he is doing a mechanical engineering course) I asked the question:
"Surely all parts will come from the same Chinese Factories so why do the European companies build better products than the Chinese companies when they source pretty much the same components?"
His answer was:
"Because the European companies have the Patents and Design rights on the better built kit..." Makes sense to me :cool:

mistericeman

Forum Member
I've used a 3000w version (suspect the same version is sold in several different colours by different makers.

Convertisseur-inverter-pur-sinus-12-V-220V-1500-3000-W-LCD.jpg

Not been a moments trouble used heavily to power our microwave/kettle/slow cooker/toaster etc...
Great value.

wildebus

Forum Member
Having taken mine apart I don't think the build quality on the Edecoa is that great and that might be why they fail. Obviously you pays your money and takes your choice as they say so (echo'ing David above). Manufacturers Like Victron, Outback Power and Sterling Power have far better build quality. Whilst speaking to my son about it (he is doing a mechanical engineering course) I asked the question:
"Surely all parts will come from the same Chinese Factories so why do the European companies build better products than the Chinese companies when they source pretty much the same components?"
His answer was:
"Because the European companies have the Patents and Design rights on the better built kit..." Makes sense to me :cool:
A lot of the Chinese clone products are just that - clones. They are built as copies of the original to mimic their APPEARANCE and thus fool people into thinking they are getting essentiall the same product for a much better price.
For example, the 'Cheap Chinese Heaters' .... it is incredible how many people think they are just getting a cheaper version of a Eberspacher. No, it just looks like a Eberspacher as they copied the the casing and the basic mechanicals. the electronics are far more basic and far less well protected.
This is what China has traditionally been doing for litererally centuries (take fine Bone China as an example. Have a guess where that originated, and then who copied it, made it cheaper and exported it back to the originator)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)