Eberspacher 801 controller

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

Deleted member 4404

Had this for a few weeks and kept putting off fitting it - today i did it!
The old rotary control came out easily and 4 screws removed the dash panel where I wanted to mount it.
There was a connector block and terminals with the unit, so wiring was easy and just 3 holes to drill for fixing and cable. Good instruction booklet.
Very pleased with it and wondering why I hadn't fitted it sooner :rolleyes:

wildebus

Forum Member
Are you aware that to use the temperature sensor in the 801, the wiring needs to be slightly adapted?
I came across my wiring notes for the D2 + 801 a few days ago (and actually have them on my desk as I type this). I made these in 2016 and cannot remember the exact details but may be of some interest.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
When I fitted the 801 to Murky I lost use of the external sensor so only using the internal one. Would be interesting to see your workings Dave.

Deleted member 4404

It is showing correct ambient temp but would like to see your info please.

wildebus

Forum Member
It is showing correct ambient temp but would like to see your info please.
The sensor DOES show the info, but without a tweak to the wiring, the temp you set on the controller to go on and off, and the temp it shows are not related and the sensor in the heater itself is used (which is invariably higher given its position).
From what I recall, it is a matter of joining two wirings and cutting one other. I'll take a photo of my wiring and post it up.

wildebus

Forum Member
This is my notes about the loom - I have added notes to say what bit is for what from my recollection (note I fitted this 4 years ago so details could be hazy!)
D2 Wiring.jpg

Deleted member 4404

After reading through, I think by connecting the grey wire to the 801 it will use the 801 sensor. I bought the 003 version which has no 1hr cut off.

Edit - I've added installation and operating info to Resources

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)