Dvsa Trailer clampdowns

• Thread starter Devon ducato builder
  • Start date

Devon ducato builder

sooo the dvsa are doing a year long clampdown on trailers of all types .. might be old news to some but new to others ... be interesting to see how many get stopped and i wonder if they will be checking for the correct entitlement on licenses .. im guessing there will be another authoritative presence with them during this process

wildebus

Forum Member
sooo the dvsa are doing a year long clampdown on trailers of all types .. might be old news to some but new to others ... be interesting to see how many get stopped and i wonder if they will be checking for the correct entitlement on licenses .. im guessing there will be another authoritative presence with them during this process
Interesting.
This could affect commercial users quite significantly as the use of most trailers could likely put the typical panel van into Tacho Territory and maybe Operator's Licenses, etc.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Most folk dont know that any trailer or board MUST have a fog light ,many dont,4 wheel trailers must have brakes using the new type hitch brake ,unless its a old build,many of my new units were old ones,wink wink.
file#2510.jpg
file#2509.jpg

Devon ducato builder

Interesting.
This could affect commercial users quite significantly as the use of most trailers could likely put the typical panel van into Tacho Territory and maybe Operator's Licenses, etc.

private vans dont need a tacho unless they are a sole business trader

Devon ducato builder

i was just clearing up any confusion before others start shouting about it but business wise they are supposed to have a tacho on panel vans anyway .. even some of the 4x4 pickups need one .. our business had a tacho in an l200 mitsubishi for towing a trailer as You only need one when its gross weight – including the trailer – exceeds 3.5 tonnes

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)