DVLA drivers licence at 70

Squiffy

Forum Member
90 days before my license was due to expire at 70years I sent off my D2 and D4 (This was to keep my grandfather rights) on Sept 11 it arrived at DVLA Swansea by Royal mail special delivery signed for.
I then sat back and waited the ten weeks that they were claiming it would take due to the "Corona virus epidemic", after 12 weeks I eventually got through to speak to them (It took 33min on queue) after countless attempts. Where they then said the application could not be found gave me an incident nr and said they would look into it, and advised that there would be no guarantee as to how long this would take. My license duly ran out on November the 1st since then I have been driving on section 88 act, but my wife and I were treated for my 70th birthday present from the kids to 4 nights in Rome in December, it might be that I would want to hire a car or motorbike while there so I have been forced to apply on line for my license without the grandfather entitlement (Online is only 1 week 🤣), apparently it will not affect my previous postal application when they eventually find it but we'll see if that's true. Has anyone else experienced the same. Phil

Last edited:

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
My self had issues
We moved house in september and kacey moved to london. So change of address. For 3 licences
Kacey arrived in london in5 days with please send old licence back internet October
Wifes applide on line on 2 nov2021 arrived 5th
So im hgv and have 4 cards with DVLA. Applied on the 5th as we see it was quick I cant work if it is not in my persection. Pocket.

STILL WAITING JUST LOOKED AND STILL IN PROSSECE. 21st nov. As ive got wife to do online I hokd on to the old one. But can't use neww address, as it complicates agency work.
So my understanding is women and children first., I now think its a sinking ship. Encluddeing on line.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)