Ducato, Boxer, Relay. Diesel heater under drivers seat

Trotter

Forum Member
I have asked this on the other forum, But maybe on here maybe better.
Has anyone fitted a Chinese Diesel heater under the drivers seat successfully ? Mine's a Adriatwin, built into a 2006 Fiat panel van.
Thanks for taking the time to read this especially as it's not a self build.

van Rix

Forum Member
I have not fitted one below my seat but I did start looking into this. I do recall that there are some specific instructions available for the Sevel vans (possibly ebersparcher?) on how to do the install. I thought I had these instructions but last time I searched for the pdf file, I could not locate it. Perhaps you can do a internet search or maybe someone on here can upload them? In the meantime, I will have another look.

van Rix

Forum Member
I think this might be the file I was looking for. See attached.
BTW: I did not install the heater under the seat as I have Sportscraft (lowered) seat bases. There is a plate on the frame that would block the heater outlet, so no go. I installed my heater just behind the sliding door and I have a external fuel tank. It is the best thing I have fitted and has had plenty of use of late while I carry on with the conversion. Perhaps I am fortunate, but mine is not noisy and is certainly not smelly :) .

Attachments

• 20322466.pdf
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 1,016

Trotter

Forum Member
I have not fitted one below my seat but I did start looking into this. I do recall that there are some specific instructions available for the Sevel vans (possibly ebersparcher?) on how to do the install. I thought I had these instructions but last time I searched for the pdf file, I could not locate it. Perhaps you can do a internet search or maybe someone on here can upload them? In the meantime, I will have another look.
Thank you 1

Deleted member 4404

BTW: I did not install the heater under the seat as I have Sportscraft (lowered) seat bases. There is a plate on the frame that would block the heater outlet, so no go. I installed my heater just behind the sliding door and I have a external fuel tank. It is the best thing I have fitted and has had plenty of use of late while I carry on with the conversion. Perhaps I am fortunate, but mine is not noisy and is certainly not smelly :) .
I've added the PDF to resources, thank you (y)

Trotter

Forum Member
Thank you 2. Brilliant , I think I might owe you a drink (y)

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
It will be interesting when my new one turns up, maybe the one I have is noisy? Let's hope my fears are unjustified.

Trotter

Forum Member
It will be interesting when my new one turns up, maybe the one I have is noisy? Let's hope my fears are unjustified.
If the heater is noisy, I'll switch over to the Truma. Diesel heater if fitted is belt and braces, in case of LPG problems.

van Rix

Forum Member
Once the van has got up to temperature, the unit fan slows down and it I would say, it is possibly more quiet than a electric fan heater. I could check with a sound meter but I don't think you are 'that' interested ! The constant pump ticking is a different issue and might drive some people mad ! I have yet to satisfy my own ears..

Glad the instructions were of some use.

van Rix

Forum Member
@Trotter That is exactly what I have done. The Truma is not yet in but I been really pleased with my diesel heater.
I just need to figure out how the diesel exhaust can warm my external water tanks.....

jeffmossy

Forum Member

I think yours must be faulty , when mine has got up to temperature you can hardly hear it , even when I turn it up it is only like a electric fan and not really that noisy

alwaysared

Forum Member
Yes your big bus will need a 2kw running at supersonic speed , now I understand why it is noisy (y)
Do you find the pump "ticking" a problem? This seems to be the main complaint on Youtuber videos and some even buy a different pump but the cost of somme of the pumps defeats the cost effectiveness of getting a cheap Chinese heater :oops:

Regards,
Del

bloodnut

Forum Member
Having had many night heaters over the years in trucks fitting them myself about 40 years the only one that was noisy was one that arrived without a rubber for the pump fitting it to the chassis without one you could hear it ticking a mile away (BLOODY NOISY)
GREENGRASS

bloodnut

Forum Member
I have asked this on the other forum, But maybe on here maybe better.
Has anyone fitted a Chinese Diesel heater under the drivers seat successfully ? Mine's a Adriatwin, built into a 2006 Fiat panel van.
Thanks for taking the time to read this especially as it's not a self build.
measure inside the box under the seat Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)