dodge2ransits van build

dodge2transit

both sides are now painted, iv got a few runs but nothing that cant be compounded out . what yu think then.
just got to fit the other side l,e,d markers and on the roof line as well. then cab needs some attention, i'm thinking white paint and change nothing on that but the inside of the cab im thinking wood efect as a chap on ebay selling walnut burgh for the dash and some pop up screens for my revers cam and built in sat nav that iv got. but i may change the soft were to tom tom.

Deleted member 951

Remarkable achievement - few people would attempt a home built coachbuild. Looks great

dodge2transit

thanks robmac its took so far two years to do but iv also been side tracked with building a v8 trike in the same time, kinda stop start afar . the inside is also almost done , got to find some lino and fit the new loo i have that burtie helped me fix, so defanatly look forward to the end game on this.

Last edited:

dodge2transit

got to deal with them soon , the plan was to sand blast them back when iv fixed the taps on my sandblaster, and then prime in gray zinc then white. and later get some very prisy s&s wheel trims for it.

n brown

Forum Member
what can i say ? to have started with a motor that needed a fair bit of work before you even start the main build? well done mate

dodge2transit

what can i say ? to have started with a motor that needed a fair bit of work before you even start the main build? well done mate

thank you , totally agree its been a long two years but finaly worth the wait, im not a very patient person so im also suprised my self lol. still tuns to do .

dodge2transit

i felt like i need to remove the big window on the over head bed but i need a caravan to do this as i need the window's, ebay are over the top on prices not cos i ant got the cash i simple feel they are to much for something that is not shifting in today's market, so i went to scrappy man to day but no caravans , but found a old wood coach that has been semi flattened with some nice posh trim on. rubber backed and very shiny so £20 notes later im heading back in the morning to collect however i also stumbled on some windows from a horse box, nice and small , so 30 notes later well got to pay next week im so skint its unreel at the moment. any way got them back and a mate pop-ed over on passing, nda was saying to me and the wife why would i wish to remove the window in the first plase, i say cos it looks good on the side of the van for which it should of been put in the first plase, and also the window is so low down i dont wish my ass to be in a news paper for shutting down a car park for camper vans because of absentys lol it would not go down well trust me.
any ways he managed to talk the wife in keeping it based on the views i will get upon waking up in the mornings i'm sure you can cover the window at the bottom ''sorry for pun '' with some netting of some sorts, so now i have two windows i dont need and realy need the cash from. still looking for a large caravan window to replace the smaller one that cant be put in the bed space as its going to be put in the heads.

Last edited:

donkey too

Hi mate. I was in Felix last week but I guess you were busy.
Hope you will try and pop over to Brandon at the week end for a few hours and let evryone see your van?
If not I shall ctch you at Felix in a couple weeks.
Bruce

dodge2transit

i got a couple of windows what size you want ?

do apologise for the delay reply iv not got the notifications turned on, any for now i will not do the window as i have a trike to do, iv also found problems in the desine of my van as the dore wedg on the roof is a costly cock up as the wind hits and i stop lol.. thanks any way

dodge2transit

well its like this Burtie, its one hell of a windjammer , i had the trike on a trailer hi winds, and a 80 mile trip one way should of cost me i recon 25 notes one way tops but ended up costing me 30 / 60 totle i think its down to the over cab and am now thinking i need to sort this. how , maybe a whacking great slope or curve like a modern van. problem is i will have to remove the window, and plase in some perspex or something. i know 45 mph on a 3 way road is not good fun

dodge2transit

BIG SLOPE AND A POP UP FOR THE BED SPACE or cut roof flat and do a low profile typ van and set it up with seats at back. ie major rework.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)