Dispatch vs Nv200?

zigzaggy

Hi,

I'm in a dilemma, I need to get a new (used) van and am torn between a dispatch/expert/scudo or an NV200. My budget would allow for an 09 - 10 dispatch around 80k or a 2012-13 NV200 at slightly lower mileage.

The NV200 would be easier on narrow lanes & angled humpback bridges and much better mpg but the Dispatch has just the right amount of load space for 1 + small dog. But maintenance/repair costs and reliability would be a big factor as this will be my only vehicle and I need it to last a few years and do around 18k a year, most of it camping between 3 & 10 days at a time. Which do you think would be the better buy? I currently have an old style berlingo so either would be bigger than I have now.

DocMartin

Hi,

I'm in a dilemma, I need to get a new (used) van and am torn between a dispatch/expert/scudo or an NV200. My budget would allow for an 09 - 10 dispatch around 80k or a 2012-13 NV200 at slightly lower mileage.

The NV200 would be easier on narrow lanes & angled humpback bridges and much better mpg but the Dispatch has just the right amount of load space for 1 + small dog. But maintenance/repair costs and reliability would be a big factor as this will be my only vehicle and I need it to last a few years and do around 18k a year, most of it camping between 3 & 10 days at a time. Which do you think would be the better buy? I currently have an old style berlingo so either would be bigger than I have now.

I had a 96 dispatch 1.9D which I kept for 15 years. I spent £1000 on having a new cylinder head fitted when I bought it in 2000. Other than that I only had the usual maintenance parts done such as a pair of front discs, front ball joints, glow plugs and the usual service parts. The original exhaust lasted for 14 years! I was pretty negligent when it came to servicing but it still performed ok. The body on these is galvanised so there was no rust either. I don't know much about the newer models but based on the longevity of my old one I would buy a newer one if I needed a van.

hextal

Is it worth considering something a little bigger than those? Have converted a MWB van and taken it to some fairly remote places, not that different to a car, plus sitting higher actually makes it easier on tight lanes (all personal choice at the end of the day though).

zigzaggy

Ah didn't realise post had been published, so missed replies, in the end I got a lwb new shape v. combo.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)