Could you build a retro camper out of this oldie?

Millie Master

Forum Member
When living in France I saw quite a few of these classic vans made into truly brilliant MoHo conversions with some even having had total engine and transmission changes as well to get away from old wheezing 1.9 1970's lump, but unfortunately I never had a camera with me to take any photos!

RV2MAX

Forum Member
With the cost of a decent conversion as high as it is , you wouldn't want to hobble it with a geriatric base vehicle , requiring a costly total revamp as well , unless its more heart than head . jmho

Dowel

Forum Member
Anything is possible but why start with a van that has already had a lot of money spent making it into a food van, asking price 35k.
There are other Hy vans on the same site.
If I was looking for a project I fancy this old HY camper van:

RAW

Forum Member
That's a nice Van but not sure I trust the Odometer reading ! Also as @Dowel said why start with something already converted for another purpose. I saw this the other day, newer, and reckon it's quite a good price for what it is, obviously not a classic and probably never will be....

Millie Master

Forum Member
That's a nice Van but not sure I trust the Odometer reading ! Also as @Dowel said why start with something already converted for another purpose. I saw this the other day, newer, and reckon it's quite a good price for what it is, obviously not a classic and probably never will be....
For the obvious reason that the Crafter isn't a classic old van that simply ooooozes character which very obviously the Citroen does, there are some Peugeot and Mercedes vans that are large enough and have a similar appeal, the older and more quirky the better.

There is an amazing family who live just around the corner from me, they are constantly building exceptionally weird/bonkers creations. The truck in the centre of this image is one made by Stephen many years ago on a pre 2nd WW truck which he drives to numerous shows around the UK each year, it is luxuriously equipped inside.

And as for the utterly bonkers bat mobile, well up until last year it was a Mitsubishi L200 and is now his daily driver!!

1714978852637.png

Reactions: RAW