Could this happen?

jonnyboy

Forum Member
Hi all, I have a Renault master 2006, dci 120, I have a leisure battery that is connected via a Durite split charge relay. My question is, Could the leisure battery or the van battery drain each other if still left connected when not used? I forgot to disconnect the power to separate them when last used and now i find both batteries are flat? I intend to check the circuits to see if there is any drain but it has been a long time since the leisure battery was last used and i should have recharged it. Anyone know if this is possible?

mistericeman

Forum Member
Hi all, I have a Renault master 2006, dci 120, I have a leisure battery that is connected via a Durite split charge relay. My question is, Could the leisure battery or the van battery drain each other if still left connected when not used? I forgot to disconnect the power to separate them when last used and now i find both batteries are flat? I intend to check the circuits to see if there is any drain but it has been a long time since the leisure battery was last used and i should have recharged it. Anyone know if this is possible?
Shouldn't IF the VSR is operating correctly....
As soon as the voltages drop beneath the cut off point then the VSR should disconnect.
From memory the, VSR does consume a tiny amount of power sensing the voltage but its so small its ignored

jonnyboy

Forum Member
Shouldn't IF the VSR is operating correctly....
As soon as the voltages drop beneath the cut off point then the VSR should disconnect.
From memory the, VSR does consume a tiny amount of power sensing the voltage but its so small its ignored
Hi, thanks for your reply. Sometimes i have heard a clicking noise coming from the vsr. I put it down to the leisure battery being low of charge?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)