Compost toilet review

Squiffy

Forum Member
As for emptying the cassette I put in a fall y section into my soil stack with a screw on blanking cap, all available from your local plumbers outlet. So when I return home I can easily and cleanly empty the cassette outside using the outside garden hose to flush it out. In 30 years I can count on one hand the times I've had difficulties in finding somewhere to empty the cassette ( Never have I emptied it illegally or in a unhygienic manner). Quite frankly the idea of separators and carrying around bottles of urine is far worse in my view than 2 minutes up ending the cassette in a chemical toilet disposal pit/tank or sewer, and that these composting toilets are all well and good in a static situation for multiple people, but a bit of a fad for mobile use and without wanting to sound contentious 60's Hippy tree hugging. Of course I could be totally wrong as Squirrell says "It's not for me" 😏 Phil.

Deleted member 12559

I knew of a couple, their solution to the perennial question of how to dispose of their crap
was to buy a European van with a Fiamma black tank setup. Similar to an RV but 70Litres
capacity. After about 2 weeks of inertia they would go for a drive on the nearest fast road
pull the slide open and let the contents go. They reckoned the crap 'atomised' at +100km/hr.
I wasn't convinced or impressed 💩.
It pays to have a full reservoir of screenwash when folllowing a m/home, you never know
what they're up to !

• Funny
Reactions: DnK

Squiffy

Forum Member
I knew of a couple, their solution to the perennial question of how to dispose of their crap
was to buy a European van with a Fiamma black tank setup. Similar to an RV but 70Litres
capacity. After about 2 weeks of inertia they would go for a drive on the nearest fast road
pull the slide open and let the contents go. They reckoned the crap 'atomised' at +100km/hr.
I wasn't convinced or impressed 💩.
It pays to have a full reservoir of screenwash when folllowing a m/home, you never know
what they're up to !
It was only 2019 that trains should have stopped dumping toilet waste directly on to the track, in point of fact there are still many trains dumping on the tracks in 2021. The theory is that at high speed it is vaporised and spread thinly to be oxidised and washed away on the next rain. When you consider that farm animals are continually dumping and urinating over the fields along with meat eating wild hunters like foxes badgers owls etc and this has not had any detrimental affect on the human population or the countryside infact its all part of nature's dynamics. Not so long ago in the 50s we used to import potatoes from Egypt that were grown in human waste manure, nobody died to my knowledge of eating these potatoes. However I am not suggesting that dumping black waste on our highways is exceptable, its just pointing out that for centuries we have been surrounded by crap. Phil 🤣

P.s.
When I was a kid we used to go camping and my Mother along with all the other campers threw the wash and washing up water directly into the hedge row this was excepted practice in those days, now its very politically incorrect to do so and self righteous folk tut and look down their nose when they see people doing it. As far as I'm concerned they want to grow up and realise its grey waste that had been thrown in the hedge rows for centuries and only served to water and feed the hedgerows and insects.

Last edited:

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
It was only 2019 that trains should have stopped dumping toilet waste directly on to the track, in point of fact there are still many trains dumping on the tracks in 2021. The theory is that at high speed it is vaporised and spread thinly to be oxidised and washed away on the next rain. When you consider that farm animals are continually dumping and urinating over the fields along with meat eating wild hunters like foxes badgers owls etc and this has not had any detrimental affect on the human population or the countryside infact its all part of nature's dynamics. Not so long ago in the 50s we used to import potatoes from Egypt that were grown in human waste manure, nobody died to my knowledge of eating these potatoes. However I am not suggesting that dumping black waste on our highways is exceptable, its just pointing out that for centuries we have been surrounded by crap. Phil 🤣

P.s.
When I was a kid we used to go camping and my Mother along with all the other campers threw the wash and washing up water directly into the hedge row this was excepted practice in those days, now its very politically incorrect to do so and self righteous folk tut and look down their nose when they see people doing it. As far as I'm concerned they want to grow up and realise its grey waste that had been thrown in the hedge rows for centuries and only served to water and feed the hedgerows and insects.
The area each side of the tracks is called the “cess” !!

Deleted member 12559

At least crap dumped from a train probably has the advantage of missing the rails
so not readily flicked up under the next following train. Unlike a road vehicle, imagine (preferably not) changing your wheel and finding your wheel arches covered by what you think is a nice heavy Waxoyl coating. That'll teach yer. to be a tailgater:giggle:

Dalton07

Forum Member
I bought this nature’s head RV self contained composting toilet to be installed in my RV. It's an appropriate option. This product has durable construction with stainless steel hardware, simple to disassemble for easy dumping, features a low volume fan inside the toilet’s head to dissipate odor effectively. I was also thrilled to see how well it did, keeping my bathroom odor-free.
Overall, the tropical climate performance issues seem a little overblown to me. It shouldn’t be something to make you wary of purchasing this Nature’s Head composting toilet. The product shouldn’t have any problems meeting all your expectations.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)