Chinese Heater connection to Renault Master Fuel line

MarkKH

Forum Member
Want to "T" off return fuel line but it appears that Renault Masters post 2015 require a fuel regulator in the heater line (according to the ebersparcher installation instructions). Is this an Ebersparcher thing or does it apply to all diesel heaters. If so, why is it needed? Hope someone can help with some advice. If needed, can I use a generic adjustable regulator or do I need the Ebersparcher Kit?

st3v3

Forum Member
The heater pump is expecting a zero pressure input, the return line could be quite high pressure.

I'd expect the Chinese to be the same as the Eber.

MarkKH

Forum Member
Are you sure you don't mean the fuel metering pump?
Thanks, but the part is referred to as a 'fuel pressure regulating valve' and the image looks very similar to a LPG gas regulator. It is sold in an installation kit by Ebersparcher specifically for Masters and some other late model vehicles.

MarkKH

Forum Member
The heater pump is expecting a zero pressure input, the return line could be quite high pressure.

I'd expect the Chinese to be the same as the Eber.
Thanks. Makes sense. I'll buy the installation kit then.

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
If its the hard plastic pipe I'd leavalone and if not go for the shortest line if at all ! ? But will the pressures affect the ticking pump. And prime the line at all times ?
My fule fillter never is full but it works. Why I dont know.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Most kits come with a tank dipper unit, one that you fit through the tank pick up unit, it's fairly easy to do on a Ducato but I'm not sure about other vehicles. Phil

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Most kits come with a tank dipper unit, one that you fit through the tank pick up unit, it's fairly easy to do on a Ducato but I'm not sure about other vehicles. Phil
Yes still have my pipe as I went in fule pump , ie dropped tank. And a red derv is going in uk so , no need for cheap alternative. Red.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)