Children's sleeping arrangements

lindakerr

Looking for some info on what you lot have done for children sleeping quarters. We are about to convert a van- 2009 Merc Vito but not doing the roof as yet. She is 2 1/2 but quite tall for her age. We also have a lab and a cockapoo so any ideas need to be space saving!

I know, I know
I'm asking a lot but your help is appreciated.

Deleted member 951

Looking for some info on what you lot have done for children sleeping quarters. We are about to convert a van- 2009 Merc Vito but not doing the roof as yet. She is 2 1/2 but quite tall for her age. We also have a lab and a cockapoo so any ideas need to be space saving!

I know, I know
I'm asking a lot but your help is appreciated.

We are in the process of converting a Renault Master. I have put in a double bed across the back of the van for me and the wife, and an 'L' shaped sofa at the front behind the drivers/passenger seats. The sofa converts to a bed for my grandson who is 7.

There is a shower/loo compartment in between and a kitchen unit opposite this.

Or of you have swivel seats face them together and something to lie across them that is flat. Also measure floor space and a fold out childs camp bed could be an option.

n brown

Forum Member
there's camp beds designed to fit across the cab, resting on the top of the door cards, fold down beds on the wall, bunk beds , etc etc . dogs can go under beds or be kennelled outside

yorkslass

We had a VW that had a Hessian piece of material with a wooden pole fitted down each side. It fitted across the cab seats. I can't remember if it just rested on the ledge running above the doors, similar to Mr B suggestion, or was suspended in plastic fittings screwed into same ledge. It was very sturdy.

groyne

In our current van we have L shaped seating behind the driver/passenger seats which makes up into a double bed for me and Mrs. A single bed across the back was used by my daughter, (a tall teenager). Underneath it is the garage for our folding bikes, this could be left open for pets. Also the rear bed base lifts out if we have to transport any larger items.

New van will have a fixed double bed across the back and a bigger garage, we take more stuff now our daughter doesn't go with us.

Nesting Zombie

Great idea for a Young WC,,Maybe want to put a Wheel Lock or Something over the Wheel so They don't Sound the Horn every time the Turn over Though !.
Looks light & Easy to put up n stow too !

n brown

Forum Member
Do you mean these Nigel;

VW-beds.com - Cab Bunks

Look pretty good, maybe with a bit of memory foam on top.

that's them. i fitted one to a transit, it was easy to adjust the length to suit. what surprised me was how cheap very strong metal framed camp beds are in camp shops , and easy to adapt to wall or ceiling hung-lots of possibilities

n brown

Forum Member
my memory is rubbish, so i may be mixed up with another van, but i'm sure the headrests were adjustable and i found a way of getting them out. in the past i've cut the shafts at seat height so maybe i did that

suneye

Forum Member
my memory is rubbish, so i may be mixed up with another van, but i'm sure the headrests were adjustable and i found a way of getting them out. in the past i've cut the shafts at seat height so maybe i did that

Ours is an oldie so could be that there is no head rest as such just all part of the seat and with storage above the seats means not much room to wriggle through. I was wondering about these

OnlyTM Car Mobile Cushion Air Bed Bedroom Inflation Travel Thicker Mattress Back Seat Extended Mattr - YouTube

but can't find anyone who has tried one in the front seat. :anyone:

GWAYGWAY

Dog's old blanket in the Garage? They would like the adventure surely.

oldish hippy

Forum Member
in my old van had two swivels seat and a small table that fitted between the seats {took me ages to work out what it was as it was fold down side but they where uneven so it was a table with a slope on which matched the cab floor }and had a cushion that wedged between the seats making up a short single

yorkslass

The only way I think a bunk would work to give access, would be to mount the cups that hold the supports part way down the door pillars. I just can't remember where they were mounted in the vw.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)