Changing from Captain seat to Doublke Passenger Seat.

mayrp2001

Forum Member
Hi, As the title suggests I am looking to remove the passenger captain seat and change it for a dual passenger seat. If this a straight forward task? I was concerened about it causing an electrical issue or a sensor issue with adding in the additional seatbelt. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

mistericeman

Forum Member
Hi, As the title suggests I am looking to remove the passenger captain seat and change it for a dual passenger seat. If this a straight forward task? I was concerened about it causing an electrical issue or a sensor issue with adding in the additional seatbelt. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
I'm sure it would help folks help you
IF you included what vehicle it's relating to ...

Most modern vans transits/fiat/peugeot/citroen

Will have all the holes/electrical plugs there as they are pretty much made ambidextrous for right/left hand drive ...

Though you may need a Obd plug in to enable the extra seatbelt etc ...
Depending on the vehicle .

HTF

Forum Member
My Citroen jumper only reads the driver side seat belt. The passenger side had two passive seat belts and when I changed to single passenger seat, I didn't need to do anything. In your case, if the actual passenger seat belt is monitored, the extra one can be passive and the system "won't mind" unless you really want to install a "wired" seat belt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)