budget build almost finished

wildman

Mine is going to be slightly different now Nigel.

We're still going to have a 4' by 6' 3' permanent double across the back. Immediately across the front of that will be a transverse single dinette, this will convert to a single bed for the grandson or granddaughter or dog. It will also serve (when in single bed mode) as a step up to the double.

In front of that will be a 6ft galley up to behind the drivers seat, and opposite that will be a shower/loo, overlapping the sliding door by a foot or so.

It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it gives us a permanent double, a dinette, a good sized galley and a reasonable shower room.
is there clearance between the door open and the van for the cassette door and frame?

n brown

Forum Member
I don't have a drawing Wil. We went and saw a couple today that were sort of configured this way. One seemed very airy, the other didn't. They were identical layouts in different colours!

It worked very well.

However, now I've shown Julie Brownie's van, we may be having a rethink (Again), (Thanks Nigel!).
my pleasure !
having looked at your drawing i think it would be better to have the shower behind the driver. putting it by the SLD reduces the room between it and the galley and being floor to ceiling , is quite a big blot to have as you climb in . you could have extra kitchen instead. i know it would end up same as my layout, but look how spacey it is. my shower is about 90x 70 but i could have gone a bit bigger

Deleted member 951

my pleasure !
having looked at your drawing i think it would be better to have the shower behind the driver. putting it by the SLD reduces the room between it and the galley and being floor to ceiling , is quite a big blot to have as you climb in . you could have extra kitchen instead. i know it would end up same as my layout, but look how spacey it is. my shower is about 90x 70 but i could have gone a bit bigger

I think we're going to go that way Nigel.

Do you know the length of your hab area?

rockape

Well done , proper job, in um(west country speak). All ready to go then for Devon ?

n brown

Forum Member
Well done , proper job, in um(west country speak). All ready to go then for Devon ?
oi hears it be a bit taters in they parts, best get ol webby fired up ---------------------------------------------------------------------------aaaarrr !

torlok

Well done

Looks like a great job - well done and congrats. Like the colour scheme. I'm nearly finished my conversion but temporarily running out of money. Can't wait to get on the road.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)