budget build almost finished

Grimola

Nice job Mr Brown

I did contact you when I 1st joined as I had just bought a van to convert - I managed to convert myself and completed in May. It cost quite a bit more than I had planned but worked out quite well although there are a few things I would have not done if I knew what I knew now - but its all part of the learning curve!

G

Obanboy666

I'm envious.
I wouldn't know where to start, why no shower and loo ?

Polar Bear

Forum Member
It's the best place to put it.
I aim to do my next conversion like Nigel's layout so I can still collect long length of timber and sheet material down the centre.

n brown

Forum Member
exactly. this layout is better than my last van, which i thought i might sell one day, so it had to have a 2m bed . this long bed opp. the SLD kind of blighted the layout, as i still wanted to be able to carry sheets etc.putting the shower at the back meant no sitting with the back doors open . interesting that Obanboy didn't notice the shower- it really is quite unobtrusive ,even in a MWB Sprinter !

Deleted member 951

exactly. this layout is better than my last van, which i thought i might sell one day, so it had to have a 2m bed . this long bed opp. the SLD kind of blighted the layout, as i still wanted to be able to carry sheets etc.putting the shower at the back meant no sitting with the back doors open . interesting that Obanboy didn't notice the shower- it really is quite unobtrusive ,even in a MWB Sprinter !

Mine is going to be slightly different now Nigel.

We're still going to have a 4' by 6' 3' permanent double across the back. Immediately across the front of that will be a transverse single dinette, this will convert to a single bed for the grandson or granddaughter or dog. It will also serve (when in single bed mode) as a step up to the double.

In front of that will be a 6ft galley up to behind the drivers seat, and opposite that will be a shower/loo, overlapping the sliding door by a foot or so.

It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it gives us a permanent double, a dinette, a good sized galley and a reasonable shower room.

Polar Bear

Forum Member
Mine is going to be slightly different now Nigel.

We're still going to have a 4' by 6' 3' permanent double across the back. Immediately across the front of that will be a transverse single dinette, this will convert to a single bed for the grandson or granddaughter or dog. It will also serve (when in single bed mode) as a step up to the double.

In front of that will be a 6ft galley up to behind the drivers seat, and opposite that will be a shower/loo, overlapping the sliding door by a foot or so.

It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it gives us a permanent double, a dinette, a good sized galley and a reasonable shower room.

What made you deside to put the shower by the door Rob?
Do you have a drawing?

Deleted member 951

What made you deside to put the shower by the door Rob?
Do you have a drawing?

I don't have a drawing Wil. We went and saw a couple today that were sort of configured this way. One seemed very airy, the other didn't. They were identical layouts in different colours!

It worked very well.

However, now I've shown Julie Brownie's van, we may be having a rethink (Again), (Thanks Nigel!).

Tbear

Looks just the job Mr Brown. Now all I need is the money, the van, the time, the parts, the skills, a place to work, the incentive to get off my backside and I will be ready to copy it. :)

Richard

Deleted member 951

Looks just the job Mr Brown. Now all I need is the money, the van, the time, the parts, the skills, a place to work, the incentive to get off my backside and I will be ready to copy it. :)

Richard

Loads of room at my Unit at Alconbury Richard.

tribute11

Richard

Not much missing then!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)