Bodyside Windows -Installation DIY or Professional?

IronMighty07

So finally gettting round to thinking about moving the interior from the rotten Autosleeper into something else, ideally a long wheelbase van toprovide bike/wetsuit storage in the rear section. I've got my eye on a Iveco 35S13 currently but obviously it's pure van at the minute.

Question is what's the best solution to fit some side windows - bonded?(and how easier are they to DIY effectively or a good value installation company?) or old school rubber seals(but where from not found any online)?
Finally was also thinking about a couple of higher level small windows in the high top - where do you find them, as again can't seem to find what I'm looking for?

Many thanks to all for your assistance.

n brown

Forum Member
bonded windows are fairly easy to fit,cut the hole and glue the glass in place with the recommended mastic-sorted.only single glazed though.seitz windows are double glazed,come with blinds and fly screens and quite importantly,open . not cheap,but easy to fit. they do small or big windows.

FULL TIMER

leisure vehicle window's based in Corby is a good place to start they do various types and also make window's to order, we have been dealing with them for many years.
as n.brown say's there are also seitz but I find them way to expensive , I bought all my window's six in total all sliders ali frames that you just bond on for around £400, I bought my interior blinds/fly screen units made by NRF, again all six for just over £300 I doubt if I would have been able to get two Seitz window's for that even if they went up to the sizes I needed. Even though our window's are not double glazed we havn't had any more condensation than we got with double glazed units in the caravan.

Last edited by a moderator:

n brown

Forum Member
one advantage with seitz windows is they can be top hung or sliding. top hung means you have a window open even when it's raining,plus it's an escape route if that concerns you.personally I went for second hand,double glazed,top hung ,tinted caravan windows.cheap as chips and as effective as any other make,you just have to supply your own curtains or blinds

Firefox

I'd go for bonded on a self fit. They look great - like factory fitted. But the opening ones are expensive.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)