Bit of progress.

mark61

Forum Member
Despite the weather, but with help from a chippy mate, have managed a bit of progress over last few days.
Floor insulated and original board back.
Frame work for seats / beds and boot area getting there.
Some insulation done.

kenspain

Like that please keep the photos coming got a friend here as just started you should see the bloody mess he as got into with it.

mark61

Forum Member
Thanks very much,
yes, very easy to get into a mess, and I'm still on the easy bit. I just never took pictures of the mess.:lol-053:
Just looking forward to end of the week when I can continue with it.

mark61

Forum Member
Slow progress, but getting there, lol.
Insulation is stuck into panels, and another layer stapled to ply lining.
I've used YBS Super Quilt, very fast to fix, and no mess.
2 side doors was a bit of a pain as far as layout, but I was reluctant to loose access to one.
Small kitchen unit will go behind crew seat.
Still a way to go, may get someone in to do electrics, I haven't got a clue and I'm in a hurry, lol. :lol-049:

View attachment 5655View attachment 5656View attachment 5654View attachment 5653View attachment 5652

David & Ann

You have the same box that I have on the back of my MH. I use them to carry gas bottles and my tools and bits and pieces.

Rearwithmountainpainting.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mark61

Forum Member
A bit more progress,
Fortunately still on good terms with ex, she has done all the upholstery. Yes, I have double checked for any forgotten pins.:lol-049: The two beds are finished, just needs a bit of snagging, but slowly getting there.
Off on the 4th June to Italy and won't have anytime this week to get on with the rest, so back to camp stove and jerry cans. No more tent though.

Not ashamed to say, but there is not one original idea in the whole van. So a big thanks to all the self builders who have done amazing blogs of their work, and of course Firefox's great videos on youtube, which have been hugely helpful. Many thanks guys.

View attachment 5859View attachment 5860View attachment 5861View attachment 5862View attachment 5863

groyne

Not ashamed to say, but there is not one original idea in the whole van.

But when you've finished pinching all those different ideas from all those different vans, your van will be an original. If you see what I mean. :lol-053:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)